GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R PCI Question

G

I am about to buy this board, but I noticed that it only has 1 PCI slot and I have 2 cards that I would like to use. How can I use both? If it means using an adapter, can someone recommend one and tell me where to buy it?

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

Tell the group more about your system to be, CPU, RAM, Video Card, Modem, Audio Card, Network Card, PSU, etc. That way everyone can consider the same problem and come up with the best solution.

This board has a nice Audio system built in, as well as a Network adapter. You should be using a PCI-e Video card with this MB.
If you have a PCI dial-up modem, or PCI audio card, purchasing one with a PCI-e connector could make it a lot faster and solve the problem.

Or, if you absolutely have to keep your 2 PCI cards, possibly a different MB with 2 PCI slots could be recommended.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Hi again,

Jaquith has a very good point.

I think (not sure) that he has reported some minor problems with the GA-X58-UD3R, so it might be worth asking J if there are any idiosynchronies with this MB worth knowing ahead of time.

OP will do what they will do. Oddly if you read many of Tom's reviews they either don't make any sense or they omit. The P6X58D-E out performed the UD3R but an eSATA + $20 made it second place, the big SSD article failed to mention correct environment and/or the benches were invalid {made-up} - testing rig doesn't have SATA3, and interesting Tom's doesn't ever test EVGA MOBO's, etc. It all about being paid regardless of the truth.

Stuff like that makes you really take a good look. A few times a week the UD3R shows up with issues, but oddly the P6X58D-E is mostly about settings or user error.

Don't be a sheep.