Sign in with
Your question

Is it worth overclocking?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 22, 2012 1:36:25 AM

I recently built an(awesome) PC and I decided on the 3570K as my CPU. Now that I've used it for some time, I'd like to start overclocking it, although I want to make sure it would even be worth it, since I would need to invest in a better cooling system. So, I'm asking, is it worth upgrading my cooling system so I can overclock my CPU? Will I notice a difference worth around 80 bucks? If so, what would you recommend? I'd like to go for liquid cooling. Thanks in advanced.

More about : worth overclocking

November 22, 2012 2:50:03 AM

HUGE DIFFERENCE! However, it depends on what do you do with 4.5ghz, for instance, though. How would you utilize that high clockspeed? So tell us, what do you often do on your computer?
m
l
November 22, 2012 2:58:48 AM

LeoMatrix said:
HUGE DIFFERENCE! However, it depends on what do you do with 4.5ghz, for instance, though. How would you utilize that high clockspeed? So tell us, what do you often do on your computer?

Well currently I use it primarily for gaming, anywhere from Minecraft to Skyrim or Far Cry 3, or at least when it's released. I do play a ton of Minecraft though. I know it should effect video rendering, and I have started to do that lately, so I sure it should make a difference there. But will it make that much difference in what I do?
m
l
!