Aplications Freeze????

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Ok This is my problem... I play some graphic intense games like crysis. And also i burn home movies using Nero 9.... Today Crysis Froze and i had to ctl-alt-del to end process. And yesterday it did it to nero... My computer consists of a....

Gigabite am3 board,
Phenom 2 quad core deneb (95w version) 3.0 ghz processor
two, 2 gig adata ddr3 ram sticks running at 1600 (4 gigs total)
a hd 5770 xfx 1gig graphics card
a 150 gig velociraptor main drive and a 500 gig western digital slave (both in raid)
and a 650w thermaltake evo blue power supply
pioneer Dvd burner

I have played crysis and burned movies on my old system with no freezing or problems my old system had a single core am2 athlon processor and a hd2600 pro with only 1 and 1/2 gigs of ram (ddr400) this is a big upgrade as you can tell.

And Yes i put a fresh install of Windows 7 on my new rig the velociraptor is new as well!!!

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Also sorry i did not leave this in my initial post but all temps are normal and what happens when nero freezes i can still see my system monitor. My Cpu guage will shoot up to 80+ percent before it freezes. again i never had this problem with my old out dated rig....

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

No i have not run those tests yet but as far as the uninstall there is nothing to uninstall all new hardware only compotents i kept from my old system is the dvd burner and the case, i used the main drive from my old system as my current slave drive and bought the velocirapter as my new main drive. will those tests tell me what is wrong or will they just error out?