Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GPU / Mobo OC'd?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 22, 2012 4:51:41 AM

I am working on my gaming build ( http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx... ) and I can't tell if my GPU and Motherboard are overclocked or not or like default overclock or something, i'm not planning on overclocking or anything and am trying to stay away from it if possible.

More about : gpu mobo

Best solution

a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 5:11:56 AM

The GPU is factory overclocked (slightly, and only enough to call itself an "OC" model), and the motherboard is Z77, so it's capable of overclocking, but not overclocked in and of itself (you would have to manually overclock the CPU and RAM).

No motherboard is ever "overclocked" straight out of the box. That's kind of a misnomer, anyway. You don't really overclock the motherboard, you overclock the system buses and/or multipliers manually or with an Auto overclock (which is never "default").
November 22, 2012 5:18:57 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
The GPU is factory overclocked (slightly, and only enough to call itself an "OC" model), and the motherboard is Z77, so it's capable of overclocking, but not overclocked in and of itself (you would have to manually overclock the CPU and RAM).

No motherboard is ever "overclocked" straight out of the box. That's kind of a misnomer, anyway. You don't really overclock the motherboard, you overclock the system buses and/or multipliers manually or with an Auto overclock (which is never "default").

So with the auto overclock option, assuming I have it, will I have to worry about my motherboard suddenly overclocking my RAM / CPU?
m
l
Related resources
a c 137 V Motherboard
a c 110 K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 5:22:33 AM

Schlect said:
So with the auto overclock option, assuming I have it, will I have to worry about my motherboard suddenly overclocking my RAM / CPU?

Nah, you would have to go out of your way to enable it. It's easier to enable than doing a manual overclock, but it's something that would never "just happen".
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:55:48 PM

Best answer selected by Schlect.
m
l
!