Sign in with
Your question

Fan Controller and fans

Last response: in Overclocking
November 22, 2012 6:38:42 AM

Hi, I'm planning a build using the NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller and the case that i am using is the corsair 800d, i am also using the corsair h100i to cool my cpu. in total if i am counting correctly i am going to be using 7 or 8 total fans in the build but the fan controller i am using can only support up to 5. So what i wanted to do was use a splitter to group the fans into specific areas that would need the fans running at similar rpms. the problem is that 1. I have no idea how to do this for lack of knowledge, ie (Will the cables be able to handle powering and controlling two seperate fans.) and 2. I have no idea what to buy to adequately accomplish what i want to do. I also have yet to buy any of the hardware.

Oh and the fans i will be using are the corsair SP120s for my radiator and close quarters of my case and corsair AF120s for everything else.

If anything is unclear I will try to clarify to the best of my lacking ability.

More about : fan controller fans

a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 7:03:51 AM

rabidbannanas said:
Hi, I'm planning a build using the NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller and the case that i am using is the corsair 800d, i am also using the corsair h100i to cool my cpu. in total if i am counting correctly i am going to be using 7 or 8 total fans in the build but the fan controller i am using can only support up to 5. So what i wanted to do was use a splitter to group the fans into specific areas that would need the fans running at similar rpms. the problem is that 1. I have no idea how to do this for lack of knowledge, ie (Will the cables be able to handle powering and controlling two seperate fans.) and 2. I have no idea what to buy to adequately accomplish what i want to do. I also have yet to buy any of the hardware.

Oh and the fans i will be using are the corsair SP120s for my radiator and close quarters of my case and corsair AF120s for everything else.

If anything is unclear I will try to clarify to the best of my lacking ability.

i have an nzxt sentry mesh fan controller it takes up to 30 watts so check the wattage of the fans as for running more of the one channel just splice the wires but i would still consider running the h100 fans off the motherboard headers using fan profiles (quiet ones im assuming your after) so that you dont have to watch cpu temps and let it modulate itself. i have 5 120mm fans and a 140mm with 5 off the controller 4 case fans and 1 extra push/pull for my 212 and the main 120 on the 212 runs of the mobo header so i dont have to watch temps
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 9:14:17 AM

Y splitters for your fans.

This will let your board control 2 fans through 1 3/4 pin connecter. :) 
Related resources
November 22, 2012 9:20:56 AM

I own the Nesteq FanMax which has 8 channel fan control, does a great job although you're limited to controlling fans between 6-12V, or you can turn 2 independent groups of 4 fans off. Probably not as pretty as the NZXT Sentry though. :p 
!