Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PhysX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2010 12:23:57 PM

hi,

been a tomshardware reader for a while. this is a question as well as a request. Like many new system builders today (Jan 2010), I've adopted an ATI gpu on my rig (an XFX 5970). As such, like to have the best performance which includes having PhysX in my arsenal. Which Nvidia card would be the best bang for the buck for a dedicated PhysX card? I'm looking at the new GT200 series and even the old 8800 GT. As a request, this can be a very good tomshardware article which is definitely very interesting for those in the same predicament.

More about : physx

a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2010 12:39:40 PM

well..... unless you have an old Nvidia driver or a modded/hacked drivers, you will not be able to run a nvidia card as phsyx while having a ATI card in the same system.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-physx-ati-gpu-d...

Even if you could run them together, most people say it's not really worth running physX unless you already have an old card that can do it.

The most physX does for gaming is adding some extra eye-candy anyways and not many games even use this feature.
m
l
February 7, 2010 12:42:51 PM

but with hacked drivers floating on the net, would you recommend getting a low cost dedicated PhysX card such as the GT 220 ($60)?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 8, 2010 9:50:53 AM

hi
i read an article about having ati for gpu and nvidia for physx and it says for some reasons even if you use the best graphics card as physx your game will experience low fps it it uses heavy physx like batman arkham asylum.
and there are games developed or developing with havok technology like assassin's creed, assassin's creed 2 or halo 3 odst so it's not like if don't have physx it's so bad or something.it all advertising. they just made it like this to lure the customers

now if you really want to try physx you can get a cheap gpu like gt 220 and install the latest nvidia driver(no need for hacked drivers) then use Hybrid PhysX mod 1.02. i've done it myself now i have 4870 as gpu and 9500 for physx

it's so easy you just have to run it's patch after installation (don't restart) or in safe mode [:mohsentux:9]
February 8, 2010 12:35:07 PM

mohsentux said:
hi
i read an article about having ati for gpu and nvidia for physx and it says for some reasons even if you use the best graphics card as physx your game will experience low fps it it uses heavy physx like batman arkham asylum.
and there are games developed or developing with havok technology like assassin's creed, assassin's creed 2 or halo 3 odst so it's not like if don't have physx it's so bad or something.it all advertising. they just made it like this to lure the customers

now if you really want to try physx you can get a cheap gpu like gt 220 and install the latest nvidia driver(no need for hacked drivers) then use Hybrid PhysX mod 1.02. i've done it myself now i have 4870 as gpu and 9500 for physx

it's so easy you just have to run it's patch after installation (don't restart) or in safe mode [:mohsentux:9]

Wow. Great input. I haven't even heard of Havok. I will definitely look into it.. The reason i ask is because my cousin is looking to dispose his GT220 from his pre-built pc and i was thinking of buying it at a really discounted price. Thanks man.

m
l
February 15, 2010 12:42:05 AM

Best answer selected by sleeper52.
m
l
!