Sign in with
Your question

Fan + Chassis = Good?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 22, 2012 1:02:11 PM

Ok so I am making a new build, but I am all about the longevity of my computer. I have two overclocked GTX 670's and I want them to last me a few years putting out top-notch graphics. How do these components do for a cooling system?

Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing 17 dBA)

Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler (Designed for Over-Clocker King)(CLP0575) (Venom Boost Extreme OC Certified)

I looked into liquid cooling but I don't know how much better it would be from what I have hear, any advice?

More about : fan chassis good

a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 1:29:08 PM

What 670's do you have ? Thermaltake Frio cpu cooler is good.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 1:32:34 PM

The Hurricane 2000 certainly is the premier case currently produced by Azzatek with a unique cooling solution implemented, a spacious interior, and an overall quality look. It's extremely pleasant to see a manufacturer continue to improve on designs and produce truly excellent products. There are a few issues I feel bring down my initial happiness after reviewing the case. The rear fan switches were a big let down, they simply did the least amount of 'controlling' and dropped it to my least favorite key feature. Along with the fans it the choice for using all Molex power connections. I understand the choice for the four 240mm fans, but all of the additional four120 mm fans should have lengthier three pin connections for connectivity to a motherboard or fan controller. Additionally I would have liked to see a bit more from the fans, the rear exhaust barely pushes any air out and would be the first fan I would replace. Lastly I'm unsure why a manufacturer would include a hot swap bay and exclude any applicable drive to be used with it. Many people are transitioning to solid state drives and even enthusiasts (which this case is designed for) may have multiple solid state drives. Nitpicking aside I must say the case has a spacious interior which makes the assembly process so much easier. Including eight fans is unlike any other case manufacturer and the design and layout of the cooling system is unparalleled. A few minor setbacks cannot stop this chassis from being one of the best gaming chassis I've seen. It's moderately priced but with a fierce range of competition. It does have potential to compete respectively against other well established case manufacturers. It will be very interesting to see how Azza will choose to follow up their case lineup with such big shoes to fill. Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AZZA/Hurrican_2000/6...
m
l
Related resources
November 22, 2012 1:37:59 PM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked) x2
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 1:51:27 PM

They should stay pretty cool with that case
m
l
November 22, 2012 3:01:51 PM

K thanks for the advice, but I have one more question. Think it would be worth the extra 50 bucks to upgrade to this case?

Azza Genesis 9000 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 2 x 230mm fans, 4x Easy Swap HDD, Dual Power Supply Support, & front USB 3.0 Port (Black Color)

Looking at it from the point of view that I want this comp to last as long as possible.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2012 4:03:29 PM

I think so yes.
m
l
!