Sign in with
Your question

!!!!!!!!!!!!!2nd hand pc part!!!!!!!!!!

Last response: in Components
April 24, 2010 4:14:51 AM

ok i have an absolute crap load of pc parts laying around. I want to upgrade a pc i have at the moment but am about $40 short so i thought i might aswell get rid of the old stuff to see if i can make some extra cash.

Here is a list of parts i have, im not sure if they all work but the majority should, although they are old.

PC #1 -

Compaq case - mid tower case - small tower case
Bestec 300W max psu
Pentium 4 3ghz cpu - may be brocken
111gb hardrive
2 x 512mb sticks of samsung ram
a very old video card - not sure of the name
2 pci cards - unsure wat they are
dvd writer and cd writer - should work fully
Unsure of motherboard name but possibly busted!
Cpu cooler - coolermaster cm12v - nice cooling fan ontop of cpu

pc #2
Corsair pc-2700 2 x 512mb ram
120gb western digital hard drive
2 x LG dvd drives - super multi dvd rw
6800gt video card - agp i think
an amd cpu - only 3 or so yrs old still works
mid-large pc case
2 pc case fans

pc #3
Unsure of cpu - possibly busted possibly not
8600gt video card working fully
Mid tower case
Unsure of motherboard and usability

A few of these parts arnt connected and i may sell them seperately Can anyone give me a estimated price for all these? the case for 1 of them is pretty large, the other is a medium and the other is a medium-small size. The 8600gt isnt that bad of a video card, about a year old, looked after. Decent dvd drives and a fair few fans. Should i sell as a massive bunch? how much would i be looking at price wise? where should i sell?

More about : 2nd hand part

April 24, 2010 4:47:06 AM

It seems like a heap of hardware and a lot of it maybe usable. What is the PC you want to upgrade, the upgrade you want and how the $40 short came about?
m
l
April 24, 2010 5:58:39 AM

cause i dont have a job and i dont wanna ask my mum for it. Plus its just junk sititng round and i wanna get rid of it. Ive got a list of the upgraded parts i want, i just wanna no how much i can get for this stuff.
m
l
Related resources
April 24, 2010 6:09:23 AM

Hey just donate that stuff to your local schools or something. You probably won't get much for those parts because brand new up to date parts are really cheap anyways. The cost to ship would probably cost more than what they're worth.

You can probably sell that 8600gt on ebay for like $10 or something
m
l
April 24, 2010 7:36:08 AM

i just need like $40 more even if the stuff is worth more ijust need that for my new build, so i wanna sell it.
m
l
April 24, 2010 8:33:02 AM

If I am in the vicinity I will buy it... too bad...
m
l
April 24, 2010 5:08:44 PM

Dude, if you want to sell parts, you need to know what they are ("2 pci cards - unsure wat they are" really?!) and if they work
m
l
April 25, 2010 12:16:03 AM

There is something wrong with an ad that says I don't know what these are or if they work, but I'm fully capable of assembling another system.
If you really don't know there isn't anyway the money will help as you won't know what to do with the new parts the $40.00 will buy, save yourself the trouble.
m
l
April 26, 2010 1:57:48 PM

roonj said:
There is something wrong with an ad that says I don't know what these are or if they work, but I'm fully capable of assembling another system.
If you really don't know there isn't anyway the money will help as you won't know what to do with the new parts the $40.00 will buy, save yourself the trouble.

I would really like to get my hands on those parts. A lot can be salvaged so I am wondering what the OP want's to buy in the first place that he can not re-use any of the HDD or Tower Cases...
m
l
April 26, 2010 2:03:15 PM

roonj said:

I would really like to get my hands on those parts. A lot can be salvaged so I am wondering what the OP want's to buy in the first place that he can not re-use any of the HDD or Tower Cases...

By the way, I want those just to be able to thinker with it and build it up not for using but just for the sake of making it work. I have one P4 system lying around now but working like frankenstine monster with 20GB 2.5" Hardisk using an IDE converter. Boots for 5 minutes he he he...
m
l
!