What is a good thermal paste these days

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Running out of my favorite OCZ Freeze that was rated A or very good for overclocking , it needed no cure time which is a big plus for me and easy to apply and clean . Unfortunately they no ,longer make it and I'm down to the last few drops , what's a good replacement ?
Must be easy to apply /clean , have no cure time , don't want to have to wait 50 - 200 hours to know if it's working well , also want it to last years witout needing replacement
Thanks

Check Out Sig Link

jerryshardware

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I recommend ARCTIC COOLING MX-4. I am also going to buy it. I have written to ARCTIC technical support some time ago and asked them which they recommend, they said MX-4.
I think it is a good product. Also lasts for 8 years they say. I also asked around in forums about MX-4, everybody said it is a great paste.....

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Thanks guys same 1c less than the top warranty canceling pastes , which is where OCZ was rated back when . Think Ill get tim tronics 4200 , looks just like the OCZ freeze and $5.00 , that or MX-4

With all the thermal compounds I have to choose from after doing the thermal roundup, Timtronics Grey Ice 4200 has turned out to be my favorite TIM, it's a top performer and it's application is excellent, you won't be disappointed.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I figure it's easy to apply and no cure time , should be as good or better than the OCZ freeze , and it's only 5.00 .
Thanks , read other reviews and they all agree , I just rather get the info from someone that's used it , never know with some reviews , get that from years of reading car reviews . At least here I can be sure it's not some shill getting paid to print good results .