Heatsink backplate plastic rubber touching the solder joints of Mobo.

darksmart

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Hi
I am trying to install the Antec H2O 920 in my system with mobo Asus P8Pp67 pro but the adhesive foam in plastic backplate is covering come solder joints in the motherboard.Is this normal or should I revert back to stock heatsink.
Though the backplate is of plastic ,and there is no question of solder joints getting short,but I am afraid the adhesive might come down out of heat and may cause problems. :pfff:
Please guide.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

it will be fine thats standard issue with pretty much all after market coolers with a back plate. i have even just electrical taped metal up back plates in the past with out issue when reusing hsf setups on new motherboards

darksmart

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
OK thanks.Here i am attaching the pic to give a little detail of the issue..
the adhesive foam present in the backplate is touching the solder joints.
w0Lfg.jpg

The foam is beneath the marked area which is touching the solder joints under it.red arrow indicating the foam.

Its fine, the job of that foam is to cushion any contact, protecting the joints on the mobo,
its non-conductive and its perfectly fine to have it touching, and given the surface area of the adhesive area, will not melt or cause any problem other than maybe being annoying to get off if you remove the plate in future
(If this is the case just re-use that plate)
Moto