Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon hd4890 and pc resolution 1920x1080

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2010 6:28:33 PM

Hello,
When I play movies in full hd or dvd the quality of the picture is strange. this is also the problem when i look at pictures og surf on the internett sites the pictures here are also strange. Its difficult to discribe but the pictures look unatural. its not so clear and its more corny pictures. for example when i watch the gladiator with russel crowe in resolution 1920x1080 when you look at his beard you can see many very bright hairs and the movie picture is more corny and unsharp. I have the last graffic driver. I have to lower the resolution on the pc to 1400x1050 then the picture looks normal and sharp and dont have this very bright white colour around the edges around objects.
Does anybody know what to do? Ive just bought this desktop/pc.

I am very thankful for any response.

Thomas
Has anyone experienced this. Can anyone help me with this. Want to be able to have full resolution(full hd).
February 7, 2010 7:08:07 PM

How dose the picture look starnge? What is the model # of your monitor? What are the specs of the rest of your computer?
February 7, 2010 8:21:02 PM

Sounds as though its an aspect ratio problem. 1400x1050 is 4:3, 1920x1080 is 16:9. You should be able to change the aspect ratio of the DVD so you can see it in 1920x1080 resolution without distortion.
Related resources
February 7, 2010 11:27:46 PM

paperfox said:
How dose the picture look starnge? What is the model # of your monitor? What are the specs of the rest of your computer?

Hi

Yes I have connected to my 60" lg tv wich is 1080p. I use dvi to hdmi. I ve just bought the desktop/pc. everything else is working fine. Well have got a new mainboard because the soundcard was not functioning. so when i changed it everything looks fine. didnt have to reinstall window 7. I think I had the same problem with the old mainboard(they are the same just got a new one). but i am not sure while I had to send it right away due to the soundcard.

the specs are:

Windows 7 64 bit ultima
Amd phenom 2 x4 945
crucial ddr3 1066mhz 4 gb
Silver power sp-600a2c, 600w psu
Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H. SOCKET-AM3
XFX RADEON HD 4890 1GB GDDR5

For example when i watch the gladiator the beard on russel crowe has many white bright hairs. Know this sound strange. but is difficult to explaine. further the objects in the picture which is bright is too bright looks unatural. the is often bright white color on the edges of the objects and on the actors. and the picture is corny and unsharp in a way. The faces of the actors is not so detailed like it should be in 1080p. And also the picture in some way also look too sharp. It s very confusing i know. Just try to explain. Its the same when You watch dvd quality or surf the website with pictures or just watch my own personal pictures. This happens when i turn on the resolution 1080p.

Thomas
February 7, 2010 11:34:20 PM

Hi

Forgot to tell You. Its a Lg 60ps8000. It supports 1:1 pixelmapping.

And I have tryed to change aspect ratio when watching movies. but these probloms is there all the time not only when playing movies but surfing the net, watcing personal pictures and so on
!