• Components
Last response: in Components
April 24, 2010 7:35:56 AM

Hello,

I have an intel pentium d 820 2.8 ghz
ati radeon hd 5670
1gb ram
and iball lpe 220 400 watts psu

now i just want to ask wether this much powersupply is enough for all these specs. if yes then why is my games coming laggy.all simple games also are laggy not smooth.if i increase the ram to 2 gb will ac 2 work.if u got to you tube you write assassins creed 2 pentium 4.you will be surprised.so if i increase the psu will the lagginess go away.???

More about : psu decrease fps games

a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 8:32:26 AM

Your cpu is old and slow, your graphic card is low end, the amount of ram is extremely low ...The psu is the least of your problems, trust me. I would suggest you a complete rebuilt. Don't waste your money in that computer.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 10:45:26 AM

Well you have lots of things that limit your performance.

Firstly 1GB RAM is very low for gaming.

Iball PSU aren't very good. A good PSU is required for your computer's safety and reliability.

What resolution do you play at?
m
l
Related resources
April 24, 2010 12:38:41 PM

No, a PSU has no influence on gaming performance, it only feeds an protects your components.

This computer is not suited for gaming anymore, that's the problem. 2GB is a minimum for current games, 1 is simply too little. That graphics card is terrible. Yes, you'd be surprised how much gaming performance you can squeeze out of an old CPU, but only if it's paired with a good GPU and enough RAM.
m
l
April 24, 2010 12:46:28 PM

prithvi456 said:
Hello,

I have an intel pentium d 820 2.8 ghz
ati radeon hd 5670
1gb ram
and iball lpe 220 400 watts psu

now i just want to ask wether this much powersupply is enough for all these specs. if yes then why is my games coming laggy.all simple games also are laggy not smooth.if i increase the ram to 2 gb will ac 2 work.if u got to you tube you write assassins creed 2 pentium 4.you will be surprised.so if i increase the psu will the lagginess go away.???

but according to the reviews hd 5670 1gb with cf technology is very good. I dont find it anyway terrible.http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-h... check this site
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 1:09:44 PM

prithvi456 said:
but according to the reviews hd 5670 1gb with cf technology is very good. I dont find it anyway terrible.http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-h... check this site

"cf" means that you have 2x graphic cards working together. Do you have 2 HD5670 cards installed?

Anyway, don't forget that they did the tests using a very very different computer. You can not extrapolate data.

•Mainboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe (Intel X58 Express), LGA 1366, BIOS 1904;
•CPU: Intel Core i7-920, 2.67 GHz, 1.25 V, L2 4 x 256 KB, L3 8 MB (Bloomfield, C0);
•System memory: DDR3 PC3-12800 3 x 2GB OCZ Platinum Low-Voltage Triple Channel (Spec: 1600 MHz / 7-7-7-24 / 1.65 V);
•Disk subsystem: Western Digital VelociRaptor (300GB, SATA-II, 10000 RPM, 16MB cache, NCQ) inside Scythe Quiet Drive 3.5” HDD silencer and cooler
m
l
April 24, 2010 1:14:00 PM

You are trying to put a jet engine on a Honda. It might work but it just doesn't matter.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 2:24:32 PM

Hd 5670 isn't a terrible card for gaming.

What limits you , is your RAM.

What is your monitor's native resolution?
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 2:29:27 PM

The answer to your question is a power supply does not decrease fps in games. Your other components are the cause of problems while playing games.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 3:31:23 PM

omg looky mommy...someone actually has worse pc than me!! i fell happy now!
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 3:33:04 PM

i know how to make computers faster...add a cat!
m
l
April 24, 2010 3:39:45 PM

shovenose said:
omg looky mommy...someone actually has worse pc than me!! i fell happy now!

ROTFLMAO!
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 24, 2010 3:49:13 PM

Silmarunya said:
No, a PSU has no influence on gaming performance, it only feeds an protects your components.

This computer is not suited for gaming anymore, that's the problem. 2GB is a minimum for current games, 1 is simply too little. That graphics card is terrible. Yes, you'd be surprised how much gaming performance you can squeeze out of an old CPU, but only if it's paired with a good GPU and enough RAM.

An underpowered PSU can affect performance to a degree if you aren't feeding your GPU enough power performance can be affected but that is not the case with the OP's system too little RAM very low power GPU and old and obsolete Pentium D is the problem.

Like the others said your PSU is the least of the problems with that system.
m
l
!