Sign in with
Your question

G34 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2010 4:28:11 AM

I want to build a server with 2 (or more) AMD Opteron 6128 (8 core) processors. The only motherboard for a ussual case (SSI EEB format) supporting two of those I can find on the internet is ASUS KGPE-D16 which satisfies me, but it is the lack of choise that botheres me. Are any more motherboard of the same form-factor in the market? (the mother board should also have at least two PCI-Ex 16x)

More about : g34 motherboard

a c 1163 V Motherboard
September 29, 2010 4:12:01 PM

Good selection of the form factor for Intel but that is the only one I can find for G34 AMD.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2010 10:44:18 PM

Quote:
I want to build a server with 2 (or more) AMD Opteron 6128 (8 core) processors. The only motherboard for a ussual case (SSI EEB format) supporting two of those I can find on the internet is ASUS KGPE-D16 which satisfies me, but it is the lack of choise that botheres me. Are any more motherboard of the same form-factor in the market? (the mother board should also have at least two PCI-Ex 16x)

There are a few others:

- TYAN S8230
- Supermicro H8DG6
- Supermicro H8DGi (the H8DG6 without the onboard SAS/SATA 6 Gbps controller.)

All of those are dual G34 motherboards with at least two PCIe x16 slots. The Supermicro H8DG6 is the nicest board of the bunch, but it's also 50+% more than the TYAN or ASUS units. If you are really concerned with PCIe slots, the Supermicro boards have two northbridges providing over 80 PCIe lanes between them, and a ton of PCIe slots to use those lanes.
m
l
Related resources
a c 1163 V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 12:11:55 AM

MU_Engineer said:
There are a few others:

- TYAN S8230
- Supermicro H8DG6
- Supermicro H8DGi (the H8DG6 without the onboard SAS/SATA 6 Gbps controller.)

All of those are dual G34 motherboards with at least two PCIe x16 slots. The Supermicro H8DG6 is the nicest board of the bunch, but it's also 50+% more than the TYAN or ASUS units. If you are really concerned with PCIe slots, the Supermicro boards have two northbridges providing over 80 PCIe lanes between them, and a ton of PCIe slots to use those lanes.

As far as I can see these are all extended ATX boards not SSI EEB format.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 10:06:29 PM

rolli59 said:
As far as I can see these are all extended ATX boards not SSI EEB format.

EATX and SSI EEB are virtually identical. They are both 12"x13" boards and most if not all of the standoff holes are placed identically.
m
l
!