Sign in with
Your question

Which graphic's card Sapphire hd 3850 agp or His hd 4670?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2010 8:20:01 PM

Hi there i am new to this site so hello everyone out there & i am wondering if anyone can help me with my dilemma. I have a p4 3.2ghz processor, 2gb corsair extreme platinum 800mhz memmory, ecs 661-fx motherboard and i need to buy another graphic's card because my old nvidia 7800 gs card stopped working. But i cannot make my mind up on which card is better for gaming is it the Sapphire hd3850 512mb agp or the His hd4670 1gb agp card. Please help?
p.s. i'm not bothered about if one card is more expensive then the other, i'm after the better performer for game's. Thank's Kace1
February 8, 2010 5:25:57 PM

paperfox said:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-4650-agp,review-31...
4650 vs 3850, so maybe the 4670 will be better than the 3850.

Thank's for replying paperfox but i'm still a bit confused because i thought that the 3850 was a enthiusiast 's card and the 4670 was a mainstream so therefore that would make the 3850 a better card for hardcore gaming. Also the 1gb of memmory on the 4670 is going to have a bottleneck because of it's 128 bit memmory interface. So summing it up i would say that the 3850 should outperform the 4670 in term's of gaming power.
kace1
Related resources
February 8, 2010 11:25:07 PM

It hardly matters, about the cards specs, as your P4 CPU will bottleneck your card and any differences that you have noted will be all but impossible to measure.
February 9, 2010 9:17:44 PM

2073904,4,395982 said:
It hardly matters, about the cards specs, as your P4 CPU will bottleneck your card and any differences that you have noted will be all but impossible to measure.[/quotemsg

That's very true, so after following your wise advice i have just placed an order for a 3850 which just cost me £67.50 on amazon which is very cheap compared to the £120 for the 4670 especially if there will not be a huge difference in the performance between both card's like you said about the cpu bottleneck problem. Next step is to hopefully try and overclock the cpu, any hint's, tip's or advice would be very welcome. Thank's
kace1
February 9, 2010 9:34:42 PM

Overclocking P4s is before my time so the best thing to do is google up some guides to overcloking P4s or overckocking in general. Lots and lots of reading, take things slow when you overclock.

Use realtemp to measure your CPU temps, Prime95 to test CPU stability
http://processorfinder.intel.com/Default.aspx
Use the intel processor finder to find exatcly which P4 you have, this will then tell you the maximum safe voltage and temp that your CPU can handle. You might also need CPU-Z to find what "Stepping" your P4 is.
March 10, 2010 9:48:46 AM

Hey! No fair! I asked a very similar question (also have a p4 3.2ghz -core stepping D and got beat about the head with PCI-e!

I ended up deciding on a 3850 myself. But now the question is which one? Are there any comparisons across brands of the same model? There's a lot of Sapphires to be had on thebay, but a couple of HIS models have crossed my sights as well, one that is a single slot and one that has the Iceq3 cooler.

!