Tags:
  • Computer
  • Command Prompt
  • Formatting
  • Hard Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 24, 2010 12:46:42 PM

whar are different kinds of syntax and command in formatting hard disks..? what are the standard set up of CMOS set-up to know that my computer is in good condition?
please help me to know more about computer...thanks

More about : syntax command

April 24, 2010 2:44:35 PM

This is too generic and broad sweeping topic to be covered in forum thread.
Formatting Commands and their syntax would depend on the OS used to format whether it be windows, Dos, linux, unix, FreeBSD, etc...

Optimizing your bios settings typically depends on the hardware integrated, installed, and actually being used. Memory type and speed, Harddrive type, Video card features, etc.. have an impact on various bios settings. Most of today motherboards set the bios up fairly well with tweeking in memory speed and timings as well as cpu overclocking available on many. But thats a whole other topic.

I suggest you google the various bios settings an learn what they do and how they effect performance and then post specific questions like "How does increasing the FSB affect SPD memory timings?"

One thing I do, being really old school (pre IRQ sharing even) is to disable all integrated features I don't use so that I free up IRQ's, DMA's, and memory addresses. If you dont use IDE then disable it. Ditto for serial ports, parallel ports, ps/2 ports, firewire. I always strive to get the gpu its own irq. Also make sure your board is running memory at it fastest timings of the slowest module you have. You can use a program called CPUID to view what timings and voltages are preset in your memory sticks.
m
l
May 4, 2010 7:23:59 AM

let say formatting in windows base and dos base, what is the right syntax and command? please answer my query .thanks
m
l
May 15, 2010 6:44:37 AM

popatim said:
This is too generic and broad sweeping topic to be covered in forum thread.
Formatting Commands and their syntax would depend on the OS used to format whether it be windows, Dos, linux, unix, FreeBSD, etc...

Optimizing your bios settings typically depends on the hardware integrated, installed, and actually being used. Memory type and speed, Harddrive type, Video card features, etc.. have an impact on various bios settings. Most of today motherboards set the bios up fairly well with tweeking in memory speed and timings as well as cpu overclocking available on many. But thats a whole other topic.

I suggest you google the various bios settings an learn what they do and how they effect performance and then post specific questions like "How does increasing the FSB affect SPD memory timings?"

One thing I do, being really old school (pre IRQ sharing even) is to disable all integrated features I don't use so that I free up IRQ's, DMA's, and memory addresses. If you dont use IDE then disable it. Ditto for serial ports, parallel ports, ps/2 ports, firewire. I always strive to get the gpu its own irq. Also make sure your board is running memory at it fastest timings of the slowest module you have. You can use a program called CPUID to view what timings and voltages are preset in your memory sticks.

let say formatting in windows base and dos base, what is the right syntax and command? please answer my query .thanks
m
l
!