Sign in with
Your question

BIOS Update

Last response: in Motherboards
September 28, 2010 1:31:10 PM

Hello,
I have an ASUS P5Q-E and the other day I was trying to do a BIOS update. I regret now but I made the mistake of doing the update in Windows instead of doing it in BIOS. It said it was 100% complete and rebooted. After rebooting, it was stuck on the "hit delete to enter BIOS settings" screen and won't go any further. Keyboard turns on, display turns on, but I don't think it POSTs. I tried moving the jumpers on the mobo and putting it back to original position and also took out the CMOS battery for about 30minutes but no luck. What can I do to fix this. Please help.

More about : bios update

September 28, 2010 1:36:07 PM

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks in advance
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2010 1:45:38 PM

Remove the hard drive and try booting up.. If you can reach the BIOS, try reverting back to the previous BIOS.. If successful, connect the hard drive then and see if the system boots up normally..
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2010 2:38:45 PM

Emperus said:
Remove the hard drive and try booting up.. If you can reach the BIOS, try reverting back to the previous BIOS.. If successful, connect the hard drive then and see if the system boots up normally..

I will try booting without the hard drive. Can you tell me how I can revert back to the original BIOS? The mobo only came with cds for the drivers and I don't think Asus's site has the original BIOS I had.
m
l
September 28, 2010 2:46:40 PM

@Emperus

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately I just tried booting without the hard drive but no luck.
It's stuck on the "Press delete to enter BIOS settings" screen.
Any other suggestions?
m
l
September 28, 2010 3:58:31 PM

*Update

After searching online for a solution, I saw someone post something about how if you are using a usb keyboard, it won't be recognized so use a ps/2 keyboard. (When under "Press delete for setup" screen) So I tried that and was stoked that I was able to get into the BIOS and did a save and exit and was able to boot into Windows.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2010 5:02:10 PM

Hey great info.. The thought of a USB keyboard dint cross my mind.. Nice find btw.. Am sure this will help many out there with similar problem(s) now or in future..
m
l
!