lemon_99

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hello,
I have an ASUS P5Q-E and the other day I was trying to do a BIOS update. I regret now but I made the mistake of doing the update in Windows instead of doing it in BIOS. It said it was 100% complete and rebooted. After rebooting, it was stuck on the "hit delete to enter BIOS settings" screen and won't go any further. Keyboard turns on, display turns on, but I don't think it POSTs. I tried moving the jumpers on the mobo and putting it back to original position and also took out the CMOS battery for about 30minutes but no luck. What can I do to fix this. Please help.

lemon_99

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010

I will try booting without the hard drive. Can you tell me how I can revert back to the original BIOS? The mobo only came with cds for the drivers and I don't think Asus's site has the original BIOS I had.

lemon_99

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
@Emperus

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately I just tried booting without the hard drive but no luck.
It's stuck on the "Press delete to enter BIOS settings" screen.
Any other suggestions?

lemon_99

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
*Update

After searching online for a solution, I saw someone post something about how if you are using a usb keyboard, it won't be recognized so use a ps/2 keyboard. (When under "Press delete for setup" screen) So I tried that and was stoked that I was able to get into the BIOS and did a save and exit and was able to boot into Windows.