Sign in with
Your question

New os and drive, no new programs

Tags:
Last response: in Storage
February 23, 2012 11:50:24 PM

hey guys

i have been going at this topic for quite a bit now. i am in a situation where i don't have enough money to buy all new parts and software. i recently upgraded my dell studio xps 7100 to the stats in the cpu-z validator below, but it is not fast enough for me. the only thing that i have not upgraded is the harddrive, motherboard, and cpu.

i would like to do crossfire, put the dell mobo only has one pci-e, so i would like to upgrade to a asus crosshair v, but i don't have the money for new software.

if i where to buy another copy of windows 7 and put it on a ocz agility, would all my programs and files still be accessible and working. or do i even need to get windows seven again. somebody said that i can do a install repair, but i don't have windows 7 disk, so will the recovery disk work? or can i just get a copy of windows and use that to repair my old windows?

I really need help. like i said, i am limited on money and i don't want to get in the situation where i have to keep buying to make it work

hope you can help

More about : drive programs

a b G Storage
February 24, 2012 2:13:48 AM

the validator does not contain info about your video card. what video card do you have?

How is it slow? in games, to boot? in photoshop?

buying a new HDD or reinstalling windows on ur existing HDD will require you to install your other programs as well. you will need the disks and keys for them.
!