Momentus Solid State Hybrid Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtrlAltBANG

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I wanted to post and ask questions on the Momentus Solid State Hybrid Drives but I did not see a tab for these type of drives.

I just installed the Momentus XT 750GB Solid State Hybrid Drive in my sons gaming system with Windows 7 and it is slower than his other drive.

My neighbour came over with Win 8 and Win 8 did not like it.

We tried out XP on the Hybrid and it ran really fast and the same with Ubuntu. Don't have Vista so oh well.

** Question is: - Anyone else having slow problems with Win 7 and the Hybrid drives? **

CtrlAltBANG

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
All updates and firmware are up to date as of 2 days ago and still no joy with W7. Yes, W8 still in beta so 8 has an excuse :)

My son opted to go back to a what he calls a newer gaming HDD with W7...

CtrlAltBANG

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
It must have been a bad drive. I tried it on other hardware with W7 and still no joy. XP and Ubuntu run fine. I thought it might be the copy of W7 so I returned it. Re-install of W7 and it was working. However, after about 43 hours of usage it started slowing.

I took the drive back and replaced it with another one not from the same lot number and replaced W7 again from when I went back East.

I am no longer having problems with it. It must have been bad lot numbers from Samsung and MS.

That is the only thing it could be.

CtrlAltBANG

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Your welcome. I believe in finishing threads with a result. To many threads with no ending around. Maybe this might be of help to others even as silly as it is.

Ill tell you what though, now that I have it working correctly this hybrid drive is really sweet. Takes no time to boot and works like a charm for editing, video, pictures, animation, database or however I can make it crunch hard. My only concern is it's life usage time. So ill keeping backups for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.