Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I5 2500k hits 5.34ghz

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 24, 2012 3:54:50 AM

i5 2500k 5.3ghz 1.328vcore ~60C max load for 8 hours. Case temp 27C. Room ~20C

Computer:
i5 2500k
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz
750 GB WD Blue SATA III
MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
530 watt rosewill green series
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ stock fan
Rosewill blackbone case (cheap and does the job)
EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti




More about : 2500k hits 34ghz

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 4:18:47 AM

print screen + ms paint makes high quality pictures

what stress test we're you using?
Score
0
November 24, 2012 4:27:24 AM

nna2 said:
print screen + ms paint makes high quality pictures

what stress test we're you using?


Prime95 and also has been folding 100% cpu while i was at work so ~12 hours never got above 61C.

Tried changing to push pull setup on hyper 212+ saw little change went back to single fan setup.

Apologies on the pictures snapped a few to impress coworkers
Score
0
Related resources
a c 81 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 4:58:13 AM

You've gotta be joking. That's an insane overclock. Please post screen snapshots and images of BIOS. I'm at 90% sure this is fake. Your mobo is ok, but not an extreme overclocker.
Score
0
November 24, 2012 5:17:29 AM

envy14tpe said:
You've gotta be joking. That's an insane overclock. Please post screen snapshots and images of BIOS. I'm at 90% sure this is fake. Your mobo is ok, but not an extreme overclocker.


Don't have any usb drives laying around so no actual screenshots of bios but I did take another crappy Droidx2 picture.

Can't give away all my secrets ;)  and liquid cooling is soon to come which hopefully will allow me to get close to 6ghz.

edit: also forgot to mention bios temps ~35C Windows idle ~28-33C
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 5:23:45 AM

envy14tpe said:
You've gotta be joking. That's an insane overclock. Please post screen snapshots and images of BIOS. I'm at 90% sure this is fake. Your mobo is ok, but not an extreme overclocker.


even a bios screenshot doesn't prove much, i could likely get my phenom II running at 4.4GHz if i really tried
Score
0
a c 81 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 1:26:48 PM

nna2 said:
even a bios screenshot doesn't prove much, i could likely get my phenom II running at 4.4GHz if i really tried

We were right. Not possible.
Score
0
a c 99 à CPUs
a c 231 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 3:49:03 PM

Swagger_lacking said:
i5 2500k 5.3ghz 1.328vcore ~60C max load for 8 hours. Case temp 27C. Room ~20C

Computer:
i5 2500k
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz
750 GB WD Blue SATA III
MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
530 watt rosewill green series
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ stock fan
Rosewill blackbone case (cheap and does the job)
EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti

http://i.imgur.com/wMOAx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dFCJr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6Gtdc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pwRmb.jpg


TBS!

5.3ghz i5 2500K @ 1.328v is not possible with a CMH212+, LN2 maybe air cooling No!

You claim 60c max load 8hrs.

Your first picture of Task Manager shows no activity.

Your second picture of Task Manager shows Up Time > 0:01:14:05, so where's the 8hr claim proof?

Your third picture is cut off before the max Vcore reading can be viewed, That's convenient isn't it!

Your fourth picture could have been taken at any time not necessarily even the same results that's why we don't accept pictures as valid results because pictures can be Photoshopped.

Even your pictures discount your claims!

Swagger_lacking said:
Prime95 and also has been folding 100% cpu while i was at work so ~12 hours never got above 61C.

Tried changing to push pull setup on hyper 212+ saw little change went back to single fan setup.

Apologies on the pictures snapped a few to impress coworkers


Prime95 can be manipulated to run in the background using very little resources and CPU power, throw some Intel Burn into the equation, and post actual screenshots of the results.

Swagger_lacking said:
Don't have any usb drives laying around so no actual screenshots of bios but I did take another crappy Droidx2 picture. http://i.imgur.com/lRrEr.jpg

Can't give away all my secrets ;)  and liquid cooling is soon to come which hopefully will allow me to get close to 6ghz.

edit: also forgot to mention bios temps ~35C Windows idle ~28-33C


I'll bet you cannot give away all your secrets! :lol: 

I see this thread here is your very first posting at THGF. :non: 

Posting false information at THGF is a violation of the "Terms of Use", and can, and will, get you permanently banned from THGF, you are aware of that right?

And just in case you at this point are wondering if I am accusing you of posting false information, that would be yes!

A 2500K takes higher voltage than you're claiming to run 5.0ghz, much less 5.3ghz!

Pictures can be taken quickly before thermal throttling comes into the picture, you need to post multiple proof in screenshots, including CPU-Z results while the system is active, plus Real Temp results, using stress testing like Intel Burn, and some benchmarks thrown in to boot.

Most of us are glad to share how we accomplished our overclocks so others can duplicate the results if they desire, so secrets and deception go hand in hand.

Actual screen shots dude, not pictures! :pfff: 


Score
0
a c 832 à CPUs
a c 335 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 7:22:40 PM

Lies.Makes me chuckle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :lol: 

WARNING : Tom's Hardware forum members , please don't attempt this , it's not possible.

Please don't post any foolish threads like this again or it will result in a perma BAN!!!!!!!
Score
0
a c 832 à CPUs
a c 335 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 7:30:04 PM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Score
0
!