RAID0 SSDs and 870A-G54 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takatski

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I hope this is the right place to post this..
So here's the skinny:

I've currently got a 64GB SSD with win7 on it, but the problem is, that's not nearly enough space. So my plan was to raid0 two SSDs (OCZ AgilityIII, I realize they're not the best, but they were cheap).

PC specs:
Mobo - 870A-G54
Processor - Phenom II AM3+ (can't remember)
RAM - 8GB DDR3
OS - w7 x64

The problem is, when I change the on-chip raid mode setting to raid (instead of IDE or ATCI) I get a BSOD when trying to load my win7 partition on the 65GB, which isn't a huge deal, but when I try to install win7 on my raid array (which I did define on SATA_2 and SATA_6 but apparently are all raid ready as said in the manual and the raid array is recognized during boot up at 237.99 GB) it says I'm missing the CD/DVD driver and asks me to find the appropriate driver. I haven't been able to find said driver anywhere. My SATA Controller Driver is apparently up to date as well.. (6.1.7600.16385) which seems wrong since it was last updated in 2006.. but..

I've tried using regedit to get the windows boot to ignore what on-chip raid mode setting is (by changing a few values from 3 to 0) which is supposed to work but doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and let me know if you need any more info.

Takatski

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
So that definitely got me through to the next step, but I've run into another speed bump. When I try to choose my unallocated drive (which it sees as 221.7 GB) it gives me the error "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition". Thoughts? I'm going to peruse some forums but maybe you can answer me faster?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS