Sign in with
Your question

New WLAN card needed

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 6, 2010 2:15:11 PM

Hello everyone,
I am currently using Win 7 x64 since it'S first official release (not the RC)and my WLAN card was working fine until the 2 weeks ago.
It is a cheap abit airpace WLAN card.

2 weeks ago, my WLAN card started to stop and run again after I have restarted the PC, stop, restart the PC, run, stop, and so on...
It is really annoying...

I think I have to buy one, but
I don't really know which one could run without any problem under Win 7 x64. I have read in some forums, that it is difficult to find one that can run 100% problem free.

Can anyone please recommend one ? (Brand is not a problem. USB or PCI is not a problem)
I need your help.
Thanks

More about : wlan card needed

April 6, 2010 3:41:10 PM

guanyu210379 said:
Hello everyone,
I am currently using Win 7 x64 since it'S first official release (not the RC)and my WLAN card was working fine until the 2 weeks ago.
It is a cheap abit airpace WLAN card.

2 weeks ago, my WLAN card started to stop and run again after I have restarted the PC, stop, restart the PC, run, stop, and so on...
It is really annoying...

I think I have to buy one, but
I don't really know which one could run without any problem under Win 7 x64. I have read in some forums, that it is difficult to find one that can run 100% problem free.

Can anyone please recommend one ? (Brand is not a problem. USB or PCI is not a problem)
I need your help.
Thanks

Is this article any help? You may need to copy and paste - links don't seem to work for me at the moment.

April 7, 2010 5:13:02 AM

I'm not aware of many compatibility issues with WLAN cardsin W7, but I have a Linksys Wireless N PCI card on my W7 for over 3 months now and I haven't had a problem with it yet.
Related resources
April 7, 2010 6:34:46 AM

mindxless said:
I'm not aware of many compatibility issues with WLAN cardsin W7, but I have a Linksys Wireless N PCI card on my W7 for over 3 months now and I haven't had a problem with it yet.

I had a problem with my(now broken) Abit airpace once.
The driver used for VISTA x64 didn't work and I have to use other driver (Atheros) as recommended from someone in this forum.
I have been using Win7 for months and no problem appeared...
My card worked fine until 2 weeks ago... so I guess..it is broken..
Then I searched in various forums...many people are having problems with the drivers for Win7 x64...
And I couldn't find any new Abit Airpace in stores near home...So..I think it is better to ask before buying
April 7, 2010 8:04:26 AM

After searching I found this 2 have already Win7 compatibility cerficate..

D-Link DWA-547 Rangebooster and Linksys WMP600N, 300Mbps, WLAN PCI Card.

The price is also about the same.
Can anyone tell me which one is better?
April 9, 2010 8:23:09 AM

OK...I have bought Linksys WMP600N..
It works perfectly!!
!