Sign in with
Your question

"SYSTEM" temp 127C ?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 28, 2010 7:12:59 PM

Hello,
I seem to have an catagory which i have not seen others have. It is a readings temp called "system" and it is allways 127C whether at first boot or after hours of use. All other temps are OK. I do not have any PC problems but wonder if this is normal or if not could you advise remedy. Thanks..

More about : system temp 127c

September 29, 2010 10:48:41 AM

No, thats high for the system temp.

Ill check the north bridge heatsink, touch it and see if you can keep your finger there for atleast 5 seconds before it starts burning your finger. If not then your north bridge may not be seated properly, or indicate motherboard problems.

If its cool near the northbridge heatsink and heatsink itself, then the temp sensor gone mad, i wont warry too much then.

Hope this helps...
September 29, 2010 12:12:33 PM

Only slightly warm so probably a mis reading. Thanks for all the help.
Related resources
September 29, 2010 12:16:42 PM

I can pretty much guarantee that you have an AMD system. The past few AMD builds I've done have had that same sensor, with about the same temperature (128C for mine, so you're lucky! :lol: )

It's just a sensor problem, so don't worry about it. If ANYTHING in your system started getting over 100C, it would shut off.
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2010 6:26:08 PM

+-127 is the largest possible value for a signed 8-bit interger value, which is typically the type used for low-level temperature moniters. As such, its probably a blank reading thats defaulting to the highest possible value when no sensor is present.
September 30, 2010 6:26:23 AM

gamerk316 said:
+-127 is the largest possible value for a signed 8-bit interger value, which is typically the type used for low-level temperature moniters. As such, its probably a blank reading thats defaulting to the highest possible value when no sensor is present.

I believe you are right, if you monitor that temp, and it stays constant on either 128c or 127c then it is true....

But what scares me is that motherboard manufacturers do this, rather give a 0c reading or nothing... rather than a 127 / 128 reading. Coz ill turn my pc off and get the fire extinguisher and blow away.... :D  lol but ya great reply... and i agree with you on this one
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2010 6:48:46 PM

^^ Thats normal behavior for sensors; a failed sensor will generally read either "Off the scale high" or "Off the scale low", depending on the software. A number of +-127 generally means a dead sensor (although its POSSIBLE the reading is genuine...or even higher).
!