RAID controller card problem

jayke130

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
I am having a difficulty searching for and procurring a IDE RAID controller card that has 0,1,5,10 support for Win7 64bit configuration.
I am on a tight budget and I have 4 IDE hard drives...no controller card.
I found on Newegg a controller card that will handle the RAID configuration I am looking for but not in Win7:
HighPoint RocketRAID 454 PCI IDE Controller Card
Windows 98 / ME / NT4.0 / 2K / XP / 2003
Linux (SuSE, Red Hat, Caldera, Turbo), and FreeBSD

Any suggestions on this challenge?

tomatthe

Distinguished
Investing more money in an ide setup at this point is probably not going to be your best bet. If you absolutely must use the drives, you could probably buy an entire computer off craigslist that supports ide drives for $10 or so. If you are dead set on running ide drives with a raid config in Win7 unfortunately I couldn't find much there in a reasonable price range either.

jayke130

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012

Well I did find a controller with Win7 64bit support, I just need to find the drives that fit this profile, thank you for the comment.
The drives are going to be SATA, since my computer supports it I may as well utilize it, eh?

tomatthe

Distinguished
Yes, sata makes a ton more sense. I thought you were trying to get some more life out of 4 ide drives which just didn't seem like a good idea.

You should be able to find loads of options for a raid controller with sata drives.