Toshiba Satellite 1625cdt hard drive replacement

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 7:23:12 AM

Does anyone have documentation on hard drive replacement on a Toshiba
Satellite 1625cdt?

thanks, al
August 17, 2004 7:29:29 AM

"Alan Peterson" <feepete@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ASeUc.265469$a24.228992@attbi_s03>...
> Does anyone have documentation on hard drive replacement on a Toshiba
> Satellite 1625cdt?
>
> thanks, al

You don't have to disassemble the whole laptop. Turn the machine over
and pull out the screws that are marked with a K. They are the ones
right in the middle
if I remember right. These hold the keyboard in. Once they are out
flip it back over. You have to pry the bezel off that covers the
system lights and the
hinges next. Leave the laptop closed and pry it up at the corners.
Once they pop loose at the corners open the lid all the way and you
can then pull it completly loose. Once it is off you will see two more
small screws at the top that hold the keyboard in. Remove these and
the keyboard will lift out and the drive will be staring you in the
face. Good luck, it's pretty easy once you pop the bezel off.
August 17, 2004 7:29:50 AM

"Alan Peterson" <feepete@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ASeUc.265469$a24.228992@attbi_s03>...
> Does anyone have documentation on hard drive replacement on a Toshiba
> Satellite 1625cdt?
>
> thanks, al

You don't have to disassemble the whole laptop. Turn the machine over
and pull out the screws that are marked with a K. They are the ones
right in the middle
if I remember right. These hold the keyboard in. Once they are out
flip it back over. You have to pry the bezel off that covers the
system lights and the
hinges next. Leave the laptop closed and pry it up at the corners.
Once they pop loose at the corners open the lid all the way and you
can then pull it completly loose. Once it is off you will see two more
small screws at the top that hold the keyboard in. Remove these and
the keyboard will lift out and the drive will be staring you in the
face. Good luck, it's pretty easy once you pop the bezel off.
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 8:58:34 AM

It's a real mess, total and complete disassembly of the laptop, even
separating the screen from the base.

Alan Peterson wrote:

> Does anyone have documentation on hard drive replacement on a Toshiba
> Satellite 1625cdt?
>
> thanks, al

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 8:58:35 AM

You also have to disassemble the A/C adapter! Stupid component placement
design... pfft...

Jon

> It's a real mess, total and complete disassembly of the laptop, even
> separating the screen from the base.
>

> Alan Peterson wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have documentation on hard drive replacement on a Toshiba
> > Satellite 1625cdt?
> >
> > thanks, al

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 10:17:05 AM

It's not that difficult.

The 1625 and 1605 are as follows.
After removing all power sources( battery too), close notebook and flip
over. You will see 3 screws holes with arrows, remove these 3 screws. Flip
notebook over again and open all the way flat. Remove carefully the plastic
bezel over the power switch and leds. You will see 6 screws holding the
keyboard in, remove these and then carefully flip the keyboard toward the
front. The HD is under the keyboard in it's caddy. Just be real careful
around those ribbon cables to the keyboard. You can replace the HD with most
newer drives.
;-p

!