Carol Walton

G

I have an ACER 4315-2535 and lost my ability to connect to my router which use to be located upstairs with my desktop computer. Some how I lost my ability to connect to my wireless from my laptop and it does not matter where I am it won't connect. I just moved to an apartment, all one level, the desktop has "Insight Cable Service and Internet" and I am still having the same problem. When I try to connect it does not respond, it reads Connecting to Broadband, then Failed to connect to Broadband Connection. I need help because I need my laptop to connect to complete my online class homework.

I have an ACER 4315-2535 and lost my ability to connect to my router which use to be located upstairs with my desktop computer. Some how I lost my ability to connect to my wireless from my laptop and it does not matter where I am it won't connect. I just moved to an apartment, all one level, the desktop has "Insight Cable Service and Internet" and I am still having the same problem. When I try to connect it does not respond, it reads Connecting to Broadband, then Failed to connect to Broadband Connection. I need help because I need my laptop to connect to complete my online class homework.

When you moved, did you notify your Internet Service Provider and ask for the connection to move with you? Seems as though you're connected to the router but it isn't connected to the Internet any more.

mindxless

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Sounds like its just setting problems. If you have your desktop connected and online, go into your network and sharing center, then click view status, then wireless properties. In there compare the information with both computers to assure you have the same security type and excryption type and all the other settings.