Sign in with
Your question

SLI core clocks don't match

Last response: in Overclocking
November 24, 2012 9:29:06 PM

I overclocked my EVGA GTX 670's that are run in SLI and the core clocks don't match. I used MSI Afterburner to overcclock. GPUz's says they are set the same but when I look in the monitoring window from MSI it says there is a almost a 30 MHz differance between the 2 cards. Is this a problem?

More about : sli core clocks match

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 9:34:56 PM

It should be fine, it will just downclock to the speed of the slowest card. I might downclock the higher card to the speed of the lower card just for looks :) 
m
l
November 24, 2012 9:41:14 PM

does MSI give the option to adjust the cards independently?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 9:56:02 PM

I haven't used an SLi configuration but I am betting my money on that they do. If for some reason they don't then it might be doable in the drivers.

EVGA Precision might be another alternative if nothing else.
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:38:23 PM

Any other ideas? I don't see any way to adjust the cards individually.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 9:07:53 PM

I can't think of anything else, its not a big deal though. It won't affect performance.
m
l
November 25, 2012 10:17:40 PM

Go to EVGA website and download EVGA precision. With this software you can link the cards and OC both at the same speed. You can also do custom fan profiles and if they didn't lock it, you can also overclock the voltage. Also you can overclock them indivdually if you like.

m
l
November 25, 2012 10:54:45 PM

chase3567 said:
Go to EVGA website and download EVGA precision. With this software you can link the cards and OC both at the same speed. You can also do custom fan profiles and if they didn't lock it, you can also overclock the voltage. Also you can overclock them indivdually if you like.

Ok I'll give that a run.
m
l
!