proteusbr

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
It's my brother's birthday and I will buy a new PC for him (fithteen years old). After many research I found this:

Monitor: ASUS VK246H.
Case: Cooler Master Scout (is easy to carry)
Psu: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX (not modular)
Motherboard: ASUS P6TD DELUXE. I can´t find P6X58D Premium in Brazil. I will never use crossfire or sli.
Processor: Intel Core i7-920 (overclock to 4ghz).
Cooler: CORSAIR CWCH50.
Memory: CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C7 (6gb 7-7-7-20) or CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D (6gb 8-8-8-24, heat sink)?
Video: ASUS EAH5870.
Sound Card: Onboard, Auzen Forte or Asus Xonar STX? Use:100% headphone, 95% game, 5% movie.
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-AD700.
Microphone: Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1
HD Boot: Corsair 32GB SSD.
HD Sec: WD 1TB 7200.32
Blu-ray: LG 8X BLU-RAY WRITER
Keyboard/Mouse: MICROSOFT Natural Desktop 7000 (I already have) or Logitech G15/G9?

Could someone help me with motherboard, memory, sound card and keyboard?
Objective: I want parts with better reliability and good for play in the next 4 years.

Thank you!

Solution
Brasileiro, hein?
For monitor I would pick Samsung SyncMaster P2370.
If you don't want to go SLI or XFire, then there is no need to get i7-920. Get the 860. It is a great overclocker and will save you some money. Should that be your choice, any Asus board you find is OK.
However, if you want to stick to 920, get the P6T Deluxe.
About memory, always buy the cheapest from a good manufacturer. Never mind about latency. It's only important if you spend your day zipping files. If you are a gamer, it makes no difference. Corsair is good, Crucial, Patriot or OCZ are great, too. As I said, choose the cheapest. Keep in mind, however, that if you for the 860 6Gb makes no sense: you either get 4Gb or 8Gb.
Nice video card, cooler, PSU, and HD. Do...

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
Brasileiro, hein?
For monitor I would pick Samsung SyncMaster P2370.
If you don't want to go SLI or XFire, then there is no need to get i7-920. Get the 860. It is a great overclocker and will save you some money. Should that be your choice, any Asus board you find is OK.
However, if you want to stick to 920, get the P6T Deluxe.
About memory, always buy the cheapest from a good manufacturer. Never mind about latency. It's only important if you spend your day zipping files. If you are a gamer, it makes no difference. Corsair is good, Crucial, Patriot or OCZ are great, too. As I said, choose the cheapest. Keep in mind, however, that if you for the 860 6Gb makes no sense: you either get 4Gb or 8Gb.
Nice video card, cooler, PSU, and HD. Do you really need SSD? If you do, get a bigger one. 32Gb is not enough.
IMO, blu ray recorder is overkill today. When did you last recorded a DVD? If you want one anyway, LG is fine.
Nothing to say about keyboard, headphone etc..

Solution