2nd fan for Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus?

xLegit

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hey guys, so I just got a new case and cpu fan. I got an Antec 300 and a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. So for optimal cooling, I want to get a 2nd fan for the push-pull configuration with the 212. I'd like to spend as little money as possible. So far, I'm looking at this set of CM fans from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-103-052&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=212&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

A 4-pack is appealing to me because, being an Antec 300 (which already comes with top & exhaust fans), it would allow me to put one fan on the 212, two fans in the front, and one fan on the side. However, I don't know if this fan would work on the 212 since its different then the stock CM Blademaster the cooler comes with. Does this matter? According to the reviews of the fan, people have put this fan on the 212+ no problem, but I want to make sure it won't throw off the airflow of the other fan, making it inefficient.

So does this work? If not, what would be a good 2nd fan to my 212.

Also, if it doesn't work, would I be able to take out the stock 212 fan and put it somewhere else (like in the front/side) and stick two of aftermarket fans in the 212?

Thanks!

May want to get a PWM slitter as well.

But many have the 2 rpm sensors connected to each other so you may want to cut that(from one plug only) unless you want your board to have a chance to mess up on speed readings.

I was cheap so I just cut/soldered/shrinked my 212+ fans together and even was able to keep the second RPM cable to monitor both fans(since I did not cut that wire. I kept its plug and just removed the other wires from it). Worked out perfect.