Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

registry default settings?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
November 3, 2004 1:37:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I
started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.

I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a
little slower.

Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I
can go back into the registry and restore them?

TIA

Louise
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 1:11:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hi Louise,

Not sure about the default values, but you can try resetting the TCP stack settings using this command:

NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Reset.txt

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org
--------------------------------------------
Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
--------------------------------------------
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
--------------------------------------------
"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1bf21c6eec3c95b989748@news.newsguy.com...
In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I
started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.

I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a
little slower.

Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I
can go back into the registry and restore them?

TIA

Louise
November 4, 2004 8:10:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

In article <ulfvb9VwEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...
> Hi Louise,
>
> Not sure about the default values, but you can try resetting the TCP =
> stack settings using this command:
>
> NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Reset.txt
>
> --=20
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> --------------------------------------------
> Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO: =
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
> --------------------------------------------
> The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:=20
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
> --------------------------------------------
> "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message =
> news:MPG.1bf21c6eec3c95b989748@news.newsguy.com...
> In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I=20
> started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.
>
> I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a=20
> little slower.
>
> Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I =
>
> can go back into the registry and restore them?
>
> TIA=20
>
> Louise
>
Thanks - that seems to have helped. What exactly are the TCP stack
settings? I'd like to learn what I messed up and what I fixed, if you
have a minute.

TIA

Louise
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 2:19:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Louise,

Open C:\Reset.txt in Notepad and see what are the registry values that are reset by NETSH.

[More Information]

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org
--------------------------------------------
Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
--------------------------------------------
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
--------------------------------------------
"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1bf385e5f4fbaf2c98976f@news-server.nyc.rr.com...
In article <ulfvb9VwEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...
> Hi Louise,
>
> Not sure about the default values, but you can try resetting the TCP =
> stack settings using this command:
>
> NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Reset.txt
>
> --=20
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> --------------------------------------------
> Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO: =
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
> --------------------------------------------
> The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:=20
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
> --------------------------------------------
> "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message =
> news:MPG.1bf21c6eec3c95b989748@news.newsguy.com...
> In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I=20
> started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.
>
> I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a=20
> little slower.
>
> Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I =
>
> can go back into the registry and restore them?
>
> TIA=20
>
> Louise
>
Thanks - that seems to have helped. What exactly are the TCP stack
settings? I'd like to learn what I messed up and what I fixed, if you
have a minute.

TIA

Louise
!