registry default settings?

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I
started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.

I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a
little slower.

Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I
can go back into the registry and restore them?

TIA

Louise

Hi Louise,

Not sure about the default values, but you can try resetting the TCP stack settings using this command:

NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Reset.txt

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

In article <ulfvb9VwEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...
> Hi Louise,
>
> Not sure about the default values, but you can try resetting the TCP =
> stack settings using this command:
>
> NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Reset.txt
>
> --=20
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO: =
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
> The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:=20
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
> "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message =
> In trying to gain more speed loading pages on the net (using cable), I=20
> started "messing" with registry settings. I am running XP Pro.
>
> I'm not sure I did any good at all and I suspect I made things even a=20
> little slower.
>
> Is there a way to find out the default MTU, RWIN etc. settings so that I =
>
> can go back into the registry and restore them?
>
> TIA=20
>
> Louise

Thanks - that seems to have helped. What exactly are the TCP stack
settings? I'd like to learn what I messed up and what I fixed, if you
have a minute.

TIA

Louise

Louise,

Open C:\Reset.txt in Notepad and see what are the registry values that are reset by NETSH.

[More Information]

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357