Sign in with
Your question

Liquid Cooling for a new system

Last response: in Overclocking
November 25, 2012 11:14:38 AM

I've never done any liquid cooling before, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend parts or kits for me.

I don't know what specs I should post, so i'll post them all

CPU: i7 3770k
MB: Gigabyte Z77X UD3H
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
PSU: 600w Corsair Gaming Series
RAM: 8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
SSD: 120gb Kingston Hyper X
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800d

I hope this is all the info you need.

More about : liquid cooling system

a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 11:33:38 AM

Read the sticky, and is hard to recommend items because there 99% all the same.

I would start with a xspc kit and then grab a cheep copper gpu water block, some uv dye and?extra fittings there always one that will not work go for 1/2 id -3/4od tueing and fitting
a c 176 K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 6:43:50 AM

Yep, read the sticky. That will answer most of your questions and will help your understanding of why we recommend the things we do. Its all well and good to just do whatever we say, but it is much better if you understand why.

If you are on a budget (~$200) or are only looking for a simple water loop, then one of the XSPC Raystorm kits will be perfect for your needs. You should be able to fit up to a triple rad (360mm) at the top of the case, so compatibility in that regard is pretty much covered.

If you want to cool the GPU as well as CPU, then things will get a bit more complicated and quite a bit more expensive. If you can even water-cool that card, as if its a non-reference PCB then you cant get any full cover waterblocks for it. You could get a universal water-block, but they are not that great compared to full cover blocks.

!