1. I have a pc that I built about 2yrs ago. xp4800 cpu, ati 2600xt cpu and ddr2 ram, win xp. Just consider that I'm starting new Just that I have the basics like case and 650 watt power suppy( only 1yr old)
2. I do game but not at a high res. 22'lcd and right now I'm viewing at 1280 x 768 and I don't set games much high. Do some photo but not huge so quad core will help I think
3. I was thinking about amd because all three computers I have done over the years have been that and ati cards just works for me.
4. I will move to windows 7 but don't no if 64 bit or 32 bit ?
5. I would like to keep my cost under $600 if I can but i will need win 7 oem, cpu ,mb,ram, and gpu. Which way would be the best way for the money the big ? is cpu and gpu. Most test show games at high settings but I have never played more than 1680 x 1050. The 5770 seems a good price range along with the 955 or 945 amd. but i could go up or down on cpu or gpu.
That leaves about $170 after mail in rebates and before shipping. I have two recommendations for video card:
both are XFX brand. This brand has a double lifetime warranty. Even if you sell it, the warranty will still apply to it and the warranty is forever. For both ratings, I am referring to "let you play" as "let you play at over 60fps for most of the game"
2. the 5670 512MB: wont be able to play GTA4 due to the 512MB. other than that, it performs better than a 3870 and can play most games at 1920x1080 without AA and some with lowered details. The advantage is the lower power consumption and you save some money. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I'd just get the 5770 if it were me.
Good luck on your build and let me know if you have any more questions or want any help