Sign in with
Your question

C2D E7400 and Broken Sensor

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 25, 2010 3:28:15 AM

Hi All!

I am writting this topic to ask you guys, is there any way to fix the broken temp sensors? They are both stuck on 40ºC and wont go under it.. I was told that doing some OC this MIGHT get fixed, any hints on this?

Thank you
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 5:11:49 AM

I am not sure about this but I have the same problem as they are stuck at 43'C, they go higher much not lower. I also have an E7400. I hear that this is common on the 45nm chips.

I dout it is fixable though.
m
l
April 25, 2010 12:43:41 PM

Did you OCed it?
Anything changed?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 1:07:13 PM

Yeah I OCed it. Nothing happened though, however theres a bit of a story.

I started off with a different board then I have now, when I got my new board I tried a heap of different software too check if I could get to read the temperature properly.
Finally I got the Intel Managment utility which came on the motherboard CD. It read only one temperature for the CPU and it was below 43'C, naturally I was happy. Then I comparred this to HWMonitor and I found that it was the same temperature as "TMPIN0", so after this I used HWMonitor for my overclocks.
Also when OCing on load the CPU goes higher then 43'C so the normal CPU temperature reading works. However it read temperatures which were lower than the "TMPIN0" reading. This annoyed me as I had to choose between which temperature I would use. So I went to the BIOS and set the ShutDown temperature to its lowest number 60'C, at big OCs the "TMPIN0" would reach over this amount so if it was correct the computer should shutdown. The computer did not shutdown when "TMPIN0" went over 60'C.

So theres my story. Hope that helped a bit. I got my CPU to 4GHz by the way.

m
l
April 25, 2010 6:04:21 PM

Thanks a lot! Im still looking around to see if someone has managed to unlock the sensors by OCing it!

Greetings
m
l
!