Sign in with
Your question

Need help with Gigabyte MB onboard LAN

Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2010 12:26:51 AM

I don't know if this is the right place for this but I need help. The Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 v2 MB I just got will not connect with my network. Used the same Cat5 I am using to send this on. Updated chipset, lan driver and BIOS with the latest from Gigabyte and still no luck. Any ideas from the experts?

More about : gigabyte onboard lan

a c 717 V Motherboard
September 29, 2010 12:53:04 AM

First lets try reseting the NIC, open the Device Manager [X] expand Network Adapters, right-click and delete your NIC from the list & restart.
m
l
September 29, 2010 2:00:53 AM

Right click, uninstalled (Win7/64, did not delete software for this device) from Device Manager and restarted with same not connected message after Win7 reinstalled. Is there something else I can try?
m
l
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 29, 2010 2:16:26 AM

First, just checking you tried but could not delete the NIC from the Device Manager:

Next, try the procedure as outlined in this link.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-repair-a-n...

If that still fails then on your Router are you using MAC authentication? If so then you will need to add the MAC address to the Router.
m
l
a c 169 V Motherboard
September 29, 2010 5:00:11 AM

My lan went out too. I made the mistake of letting windows update install the new drivers for it. I ended up having to download the new drivers from Gigabyte then I uninstalled the corrupt windows installed drivers with device manager and then installed the correct one. It worked fine after that and is still working now.

MoBo: GA-EX58-UD3R
m
l
September 29, 2010 12:00:14 PM

Jaquith:
Yes, I tried to delete but the uninstall as you have shown was my only option.
I have been through the procedure you suggested several times. In the comments on that page it talks about disable or enable the connection, I will try that when I get home.
No, I am not using MAC authentication.
Thank you for your help, I hope this can be fixed, I do not want to return it, but I will if there is no solution to be found.

Spooky2th:
Mine MB is fresh out of the box but I will give your suggestion a try, Thanks.
m
l
!