Sign in with
Your question

3570k OC to 4.2 @ 1.145 voltage

Last response: in Overclocking
November 25, 2012 4:31:14 PM

Im running my 3570k on a hyper 212 EVO @ 4.2 Ghz with a voltage of 1.145. After hours of prime 95 my temps are all below 65 and sit around high 50s and low 60s and it appears to be stable. Im wondering if this voltage is too low for this CPU and could damage it after prolonged use, or if i should bring the voltage up a little. Any help would be appreciated:D 

More about : 3570k 145 voltage

a c 80 à CPUs
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 4:44:02 PM

Prime95 is not anywhere near stability as many believe, simply because it does not test GPU and sound load, Intel Burn Test will get you closer to a multiplier/voltage used stability level.

However you'll still need to add at least some benchmark testing like 3DMVantage or 3DM11, then once stable there, continue on with some gaming, and if you're crashing in a benchmark or a game bump the voltage up one bump at a time until you reach 100% stability.

Once you are 100% stable you'll be able to game for hours and hours without a problem, the only damage you'll do running lower than necessary voltage for the clock is data loss, from a system crash sometimes resulting in missing gaming information, lost saves, or corrupted drivers and such as that.

You won't actually do any hardware damage but you will loose data be it important or irrelevant.
November 25, 2012 4:46:32 PM

Alright thank you! ill be sure to run those benchmark tests you mentioned
!