APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This thursday
BUDGET RANGE: 1000 after taxes would be great

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming and internet, school work

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor (23" hd 1920x1080) single monitor only

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: tigerdirect.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: none, a solid gaming pc that will last a while

OVERCLOCKING: maybe, never done it but might give it a try if i need to do it

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: just running one monitor and a good graphics card, run on win 7. im not good at picking parts and i need just about everything, so i figured i would ask the experts here. the keyboard and mouse can be cheap. thanks for the help.

SLI or Crossfire at any point in the future? The build I'd recommend is most of the parts I used (see my signature). One obvious switch would be to the A version of the board since they no longer make mine (I think) or to the UD3 version if no need to dual card. Look at the cheap logitech keyboards, I got one for about $15 and it works great (in games, etc.)

murph88

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

because i have a store close by, well their old store which was bought out. it would be easier for me to go buy it there since i work almost everyday and cant be home to recieve my packages. i would rather buy from newegg.

murph88

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

Thanks for the help. your setup looks good. i don't think i am going to use SLI or Crossfire for now. i think one card is good enough for me. If i decide to go to multi monitors and upgrade everything (it would be a few years) then i would go to SLI or Crossfire. For now, i want the a good gaming pc for the money i have. Thanks again.

Well, then you can drop down to the UD3 version and save some money. I also agree with proximon, look at newegg as well and see which has the best prices. Also, see if you have a Microcenter near you. If they still have their i5 for $150 that is a good deal to get.