APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This thursday
BUDGET RANGE: 1000 after taxes would be great

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming and internet, school work

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor (23" hd 1920x1080) single monitor only

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: tigerdirect.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: none, a solid gaming pc that will last a while

OVERCLOCKING: maybe, never done it but might give it a try if i need to do it

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: just running one monitor and a good graphics card, run on win 7. im not good at picking parts and i need just about everything, so i figured i would ask the experts here. the keyboard and mouse can be cheap. thanks for the help.

More about : 750 gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 17, 2010 1:54:28 AM

Why tigerdirect? They have high prices and poor selection.
m
l
February 17, 2010 1:56:11 AM

SLI or Crossfire at any point in the future? The build I'd recommend is most of the parts I used (see my signature). One obvious switch would be to the A version of the board since they no longer make mine (I think) or to the UD3 version if no need to dual card. Look at the cheap logitech keyboards, I got one for about $15 and it works great (in games, etc.)
m
l
Related resources
February 17, 2010 1:57:56 AM

Proximon said:
Why tigerdirect? They have high prices and poor selection.

because i have a store close by, well their old store which was bought out. it would be easier for me to go buy it there since i work almost everyday and cant be home to recieve my packages. i would rather buy from newegg.
m
l
February 17, 2010 2:09:58 AM

EXT64 said:
SLI or Crossfire at any point in the future? The build I'd recommend is most of the parts I used (see my signature). One obvious switch would be to the A version of the board since they no longer make mine (I think) or to the UD3 version if no need to dual card. Look at the cheap logitech keyboards, I got one for about $15 and it works great (in games, etc.)

Thanks for the help. your setup looks good. i don't think i am going to use SLI or Crossfire for now. i think one card is good enough for me. If i decide to go to multi monitors and upgrade everything (it would be a few years) then i would go to SLI or Crossfire. For now, i want the a good gaming pc for the money i have. Thanks again.
m
l
February 17, 2010 2:27:31 AM

Well, then you can drop down to the UD3 version and save some money. I also agree with proximon, look at newegg as well and see which has the best prices. Also, see if you have a Microcenter near you. If they still have their i5 for $150 that is a good deal to get.
m
l
!