Sign in with
Your question

Trouble with errors

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 8
January 1, 2013 10:47:09 PM

I recently put together my first system using a few old parts from my previous PC with a new CPU, Motherboard, and case.
I purchased windows 8 and did a fresh install, but since I started running it its been having some crashes. Since this is a hobby I'm not great at bug hunting, but I thought maybe one of you guys would know what's going on. So far I've let it go to the reboot screen twice and both times it had an error message. The first was Critical_Process_Died and today the it was Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error. It crashes most of the time when I'm running graphics intensive applications. One time I was running a trailer for a game, and several other times I was running games. The keyboard always freezes, and some of the times I either totally lose audio or the audio sounds like it has a space cannon firing in the background. Finally, another symptom is that one time during a crash I started compulsively dragging selector boxes on the Desktop and they left black holes. I've checked the hard drive and the RAM using Windows tools and I've looked at the event viewer, but I can't seem to find anything. Also, it seems to happen not only in graphics intensive programs, but in really GPU/CPU intensive scenes, like explosions or cut scenes. I would appreciate any help I can get.

More about : trouble errors

a b * Windows 8
January 1, 2013 10:48:03 PM

specs ...
m
l
January 1, 2013 10:50:56 PM

Sorry, I put them in my profile but here they are.

FX 6300 Vishera
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Asus M5A99X EVO
EVGA NVIDIA GTX550 Ti
4 GB GSkill Ripjaws RAM 1333
4 GB Asus RAM 1333
Seagate ST310005 28AS SATA Disk Device (1000GB)
OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS PSU
COOLER MASTER CM690 II ATX Mid Tower Case
m
l
Related resources
January 1, 2013 11:02:41 PM

sucker just crashed again while playing Just Cause 2. Only, keyboard didn't go out, just audio starting going out. Then I tried to quit the game and got a white screen freeze up with only mouse control.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 1, 2013 11:21:19 PM

Hi :) 

Hmm, interesting....

Personally I suspect its an 8 problem, a fair number of people are having problems with 8 and games,,,, have a search here and you will see what I mean....

Some of that hardware is not exactly new, are all devices in device manager clear of exclamations ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 1, 2013 11:24:34 PM

Since you are running two different brands of memory check the timings of both of them as well as remove the newest NVIDIA driver and downgrade to the newest beta. I had problems like that using the newest drivers on my 550s. Any overclock? Did you flash your bios for the new vieshera CPUs? I know most mobos needed that in order to properly support the new series
m
l
January 1, 2013 11:55:03 PM

I'll look into this advice, thanks!
m
l
!