Eric514

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hey

Here is my setup:

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9650 4MB 95w Socket AM2+ OEM CPU
MotherBoard: Biostar MCP6PB M2+ GeForce 6150 Socket AM2+ MB
Videocard: EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI

Here is my problem: I built a new PC and cannot get the Geforce 9500 Gt to work. The 9500 has dual DVI, when it is installed in the computer and I boot up, I get a black screen. The computer will go into windows fine etc... when I take the card out and use the intergrated videocard, its works fine the VGA from the videocard.

Ive tried to disable the integrated videocard, but the two options are 'Auto' and 'Enable'. Thus I would assume that Auto would diable the intergrated board when a new one is plugged in.

Ive also tried to install the drivers for the 9500 from Nvidia and install the card after, no luck. Ive also read about it being a problem with the DVI cable, the one I have (according to samsung with the monitor i purchased: Syncmaster t220) is a DVI-D, Ive read that a DVI-D might be the problem and to get a DVI-I, which would allow both analog and digital feeds.

Thanks for any help of feedback

Eric

Eric514

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I looked in the BIOS and was unable to find anything for what you talking about. I contacted support at Biostar and they replied the following:

'Does your 9500GT require additional 6pin PCI-E power from power supply, if so make sure that is attached.

Try a different VGA card or test VGA card in another computer to confirm the VGA card or the PCI-Ex 16 slot is working'

The 9500 GT does not have an additional 6 pin PCI-E power adapter

My friend tells me to try and get a new DVI cable, because maybe its that. Next guess would be that it is a problem with the MB or Video Card

G

go to PnP/PCI Configurations

then look for Init Display First

descrpition :
With systems that have multiple video cards, this item determines whether the primary display uses a PCI Slot or an AGP Slot.

SET IT TO PCIEx

you're done