Your question

Appropriate voltage for cpu

Last response: in Overclocking
November 25, 2012 5:02:43 PM

Hello,
i have a dual core processor and 1 gb ram processor
my pc shut down itself when i play games due to its overheating
i think it is voltage problem as everything else is perfect
i am uncertain about voltage ,so please could anyone help me by telling the appropriate voltage for my cpu
my system information is in the first line of the question......

More about : voltage cpu

a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 5:53:24 PM

Your processor is not in the first line...You just said a dual core....Is it AMD or Intel...Full system specs please....Talk about being vague...Also you said it is overheating??????? Ask the question properly and I can help you
m
l
December 5, 2012 5:40:30 PM

it is intel dual core processor
and my cpu gets overheated when i play games
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 7:13:59 PM

If it is getting to hot then you will need to check your case fans...as in make sure they are blowing correctly...clean out all of the dust in the case....Check to see what temps you are experiencing with coretemp or speedfan...If it is a temp problem then you may need to change the TIM and reseat the HSF...let me know what temps you are getting at idle and load.
m
l
December 6, 2012 12:03:20 PM

whenever i play games the cpu usage goes to 100 % ,and tends to even cross that
my idle cpu temperature is 50-55 c
my cpu temperature at load is 105-110 c ,and whenever my cpu gets overheated it sirens like a mad machine
as per your reccomendations i have cleaned all the fans properly nad even checked that they are working properly
but the problem still resists
beside this i am unable to understand these keywords "change the TIM and reseat the HSF" in your above statement.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 2:33:54 PM

TIM= Thermal Interface Material i.e. Thermal Paste

HSF = Heat Sink and Fan
m
l
December 15, 2012 10:08:05 AM

I had told you the temps
now please tell me how to change or reset TIM and HSF
m
l
December 16, 2012 7:37:10 AM

According to your advice,I had changed the TIM and successfully reseated the HSF,but the problem still resists please help me out !!!!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 8:36:25 PM

Are you fans running? You may have a dead fan or two causing overheating then. If you don't have a fan running on the heatsink; it will overheat.
m
l
December 24, 2012 3:42:47 PM

i had checked all fans many times
all are properly working
had cleaned them
changed thermal paste
visited even to 4-5 hardware engineer
they are also unable to fix the probem
now only you guyz are my last hope
please help me out :pfff: 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2012 5:43:47 AM

Well something is causing the thing to heat up. If the voltage is too high in the BIOS, set it to automatic and it should be right. If the problem still persists there's something causing low airflow to the CPU or the like causing the excess heat.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2012 3:10:25 AM

look up undervolting , it could drop temps by 10-12c if done right and you have a good chip
m
l
December 30, 2012 11:25:44 AM

tell me the full procedure please
m
l
!