MSI 790FX-GD70 Issues

themexican

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Good day, guys, how are you all doin' today?

I present unto you a conundrum of sorts.

I placed everything in the correct spots, all power connectors are hooked up, all cables plugged to their respective pin receivers, and when I hit the power button on my tower?

I get a small hit of electricity, then nothing.

Fans twitched for a second, cpu sounded like it was about to begin to work, hard drives do not turn on.

I believe the MoBo is DOA, for I have gone through every possible solution I can come up with, but still, nothing.

Any input I could receive from you regarding this situation I am experiencing?

Thank you.

theMexican. :lol:

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Does it happen every time you press the power button or only the first time?

Your most likely causes are the board or the PSU.

You should test the system with a different PSU or test the PSU with a different PC. Also are you sure the PSU has enough juice for your system?

themexican

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

I tried this right now, still doesn't work.

themexican

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

The PSU's are fine. I'm running a Thermaltake 1100w for the main rig, and a supplementary 500w PSU for the video card.

themexican

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
i had problems with this board but my problem was instability at stock settings
if you get ur pc to turn on you will need to go into bios and set the ram modules to 2t and enable ddr3 profile it stopped my system crashing all the time
this problem could be that you have plugged the pcie cable into the cpu power
my brother did this and the same thing happened. i may be wrong and don`t want to insult anyones intelligence but it may be worth looking at that[:bohleyk:2]

I wasn't insulted, and I did double check, just in case; but every time I upgrade parts, I follow directions from the MoBo manual, just in case there is something important/different I need to do for installation purposes, so it wasn't it.