Comp turns on with black screen

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Hi there....
About a week ago i finally upgraded my comp to running SLI with 2 8800gt 512mb(not sure if has anything
to do with my problem) buuuuut everything was goin fine for about a week and in the morning i turn on my
comp and everything loads and i hear normal system beeps, then the windows log in screen appears...
i log in and after that my screen goes black?!?! i restart my comp and this time no beeps no nothin :(
I've tried every possible troubleshooting solution except i dont have access to another MB or CPU to test
if those went bad what else could it be???

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Specs:
MSI P7N diamond
Win 7
4gb ddr2 533mhz
Pentium D 3.4 800fsb
2 e-geforce 8800gt 512mb
Antec 500W earthwatts PSU
1.5 tb

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Yes i also thought it might be the power supply so i went out and got a new one its an 850W and i'm still having the same problems.

i tried taking out the second 8800GT and turning the comp on and i'm still getting a "no signal" message on my monitors

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

No i can't even get to BIOS or anything to diplay but "no signal", the comp turns on with all LEDs on the MOBO, CPU fan spins,the HD spins and both GPU fans spin (using a 850W now). I also dont get any of the normal beeps when it first fires up and the front LED on the of the tower stays on like it's thinking??

I've rearranged all the RAM and tried just just one stick and still nothing...I also tried new HD and nothing
different

thanks for your help :)

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

ya I'm ganna get my hands on a comp that's fully functional to test CPU MB and the 8800gts

would there be a specific reason for the screens to go black after logging onto win7?
and restart with "no signal" or any beeps?

thanks for helpin' out

Win7 does seem to have a glitch where it won't load Explorer from time to time, but that doesn't sound like your issue. I'd start troubleshooting by resetting the CMOS and booting with the minimum config (one Ram, GPU, CPU and Fans).

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010