FX 6300 problems

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I can overclock my Chip to 4.4 but when I run Prime 95 after like 10-15 minutes on Prime95 it starts giving illegal sumout and roudning errors, I bumped up the voltages to the point I could while still keeping temperatures below 60C while it is running properly but as soon as the errors starts the temps shoot up fast to like 66 and 67 so I set the computer to shut off past 63. I am stable 4.2 right now after 90 minutes Prime95 staying under 50. I am using stock fan btw can't squeeze aftermarket cooling into budget for now. Any ideas on if I should stick with the 4.4 because it is stable for most things except stress tests.

DeepDystopia

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
are you overclocking your ram, too? if so, slightly up the ram voltage, and place a fan over the ram, and get more exhaust fans, fans are cheap compared to heatsinks. when overclocking, you want to start by reducing your cpu multipliers, so you can max out the mobo/ram overclock before moving on to the cpu overclock.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I was overclocking RAM but I could never get the voltages right and it wouldn't post so I left that alone. But I got it working now after leaving RAM alone and just raising base clock I can post and stay stable after 3 hours Prime95 at 4.4Ghz