Sign in with
Your question

HDD was but now not seen in BIOS

Last response: in Systems
February 17, 2010 3:06:55 AM

New system built. First time power on, BIOS found IDE HDD and SATA Optic drive.
MOBO is a GA-P55A-UD3P. Everything looked good in the BIOS so I went to the OS install and the drive type was not recognized. File format was not recognized. This was a good used working drive that I removed last year when I upgraded my old system. Its a WD 80G IDE HDD. So I removed the HDD and installed it as a slave drive and perforemd a quick formatted it. Now the BIOS does not see the drive at all. I removed it again and re-formatted again using the normal format(not the quick method). My old computer that it's in see's the dive just fine.
Any help would be great

More about : hdd bios

February 17, 2010 3:20:37 PM

I am coninuing to fight thru this problem. Checked the gigabyte site faq's. Adjusted delay for HDD several times. No help. Put value back to (0) default and restarted. Opened BIOS, it recognized the HDD this time. Restarted and checkd again not recognized. Sevral more attempts, probelm comes and goes.
almost acting like a cable problem. At this time it has recognized the HDD and attempting to install the OS.
m
l
February 17, 2010 7:43:38 PM

No luck on OS install. However there is 15 GB of info on it after the install attempt. Getting failure to boot error. HDD still intermittent on being seen by BIOS. usis HDD runs just fine in my older computer. Re-formatting again.
Have not rcvd any response from GIGABYTE yet. Dont know where to turn at this point.
BIOS see CPU, memory as correct. Sees the Sony OPtiarc DVD drive. Memory timings are correct for specs. I did not want to have to buy a new HDD yet, but may have too. Also been reading about OS install problems with SONY Optiarc drives.

Looking for help
m
l
February 18, 2010 1:03:14 PM

I'd like to thank the academy for their help LOL> Anyway further T/S of problem.
Tried different IDE cable and another good working IDE device. No joy.
Contacted .....finally!!!!! GIGABYTE tech support....what a joke, no help at all.
Got RMA from newegg to replace the board.
m
l
!