Phenom II x3 720 Question

I just got motherboard replacement as I thought it was the problem awhile ago. I had my phenom II x3 720 overclocked at 3.7 ghz awhile back and it ran fine....now, when I try to overclock it even past 3.2, I keep getting the blue screen of death....is this a cpu problem? I had the motherboard and hdd replaced recently....any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about phenom question
  1. If this helps....here is a screenshot of cpu-z and hwmonitor

2. Probably the M/B. As with all overclocks your mileage may vary so when you change components you have changed the equation. When I went from a 790 chipset to a 785 my comfortable clock went from 3.33G to 3.5.
  3. Just a question, why is the chipset reflecting 90c degrees, there is something amiss there.
    Same thing with the HTlink speed set at 1600 and not 2000mhz (default for that chip).
    Did you change the HTlink speed to overclock the bus?
    Voltage appears low on both memory and cpu from standard unless thats due to cool n' quiet or other power saving feature which shoule be turned off when overclocking.
  4. I don't know why it shows 90c degrees, it did this on the other motherboard that I sent back in. Also, the HTlink is set to 1600 by default. I am not overclocking...I have set everything back to default...but still get bsods :(
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Phenom