Sign in with
Your question

Antec p193 case?

Last response: in Components
April 25, 2010 6:01:44 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has an antec p193 case?

I am reading all the threads on this forum and it seems the antec 1200 or HAF 932 are the way to go.

i have read a lot of customer reviews on new egg pertaining to all three of these cases and more and am still undecided what case to go for for my gaming rig.

Not sure if the criteria i use for picking a case is even right. I assume bigger fans are better than smaller fans in terms of noise and cooling capability. One of the things the antec does have is larger fans. it also has a three chamber design which they say brings temp down. Dust filters are included although i read on this forum they can hamper amount of air coming into case. The antec also has noise dampening panels. This site and PC review reviewed the case and had good things to say about it. Seems like antec cases are better built than coolermaster. Anyways i am still unsure. what do u guys think of the case and is it better or worse than the others mentioned above. Are there better cases for $199 that i missed?

thanks again for the help

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

More about : antec p193 case

April 25, 2010 7:06:36 AM

I too was torn between getting a 1200 and a 932. The two cases are pretty much direct competitors. The 932 cools a little better when the fans are at full speed, but the drawback is that they are waay louder than the 1200 fans at full speed. You're also only looking at a couple degrees' difference.

If you want silence, then go for the P193/P183.

If you like the aesthetics, don't mind the tool'd design, and silence is your second priority, then the 1200.

If you absolutely need a Mobo tray/tooless case, or if you like the look, then the 932.

My criteria are cable management, material, aesthetics, noise level, airflow (positive/negative pressure and flow directions), and price. I honestly could not care less if my case had a removable mobo tray or not. But there are some people that absolutely need one.

Cheers.
a b ) Power supply
April 26, 2010 6:15:07 PM

gwalec said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has an antec p193 case?

I am reading all the threads on this forum and it seems the antec 1200 or HAF 932 are the way to go.

i have read a lot of customer reviews on new egg pertaining to all three of these cases and more and am still undecided what case to go for for my gaming rig.

Not sure if the criteria i use for picking a case is even right. I assume bigger fans are better than smaller fans in terms of noise and cooling capability. One of the things the antec does have is larger fans. it also has a three chamber design which they say brings temp down. Dust filters are included although i read on this forum they can hamper amount of air coming into case. The antec also has noise dampening panels. This site and PC review reviewed the case and had good things to say about it. Seems like antec cases are better built than coolermaster. Anyways i am still unsure. what do u guys think of the case and is it better or worse than the others mentioned above. Are there better cases for $199 that i missed?

thanks again for the help

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Hi gwalec,

Zinosys pretty much gave a good explanation regarding our Antec cases.

What's your system specs? Are you planning to game (overclock?) or just regular/basic use? I've seen both P193 and 1200 in person and they are both wonderful cases. You seriously can't go wrong with either one. The P193 has a 200mm side panel fan for cooling your CPU and single/dual video cards so you don't need to buy an aftermarket CPU/video card cooler.

If you can wait until June, we are releasing three cases (Dark Fleet-35, Dark Fleet-85, and Lanboy Air). I haven't seen the cases in person yet but by the looks of it, its a wonderful case.

More info on DF-35, DF-85, and Lanboy Air
http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=8230

Regards,
Antec

Related resources
April 26, 2010 6:25:27 PM

All three seem pretty nice. I've been watching the P183/P193 ever since the series came out, and I'd probably still go with them simply because of the more closed design. I have nowhere else to put my workstation but on the floor, so the filters and more directed air suits me. The more open cases like the 1200 and the HAF are more likely to collect dust and pet hair.

Just be careful about what power supply you plan on using. You'll want longer cables and a side-mounted fan as opposed to one with a fan on the bottom.
April 26, 2010 8:10:55 PM

The 1200 has dust filters on all intakes, but I don't know about the 932.

I'm pretty sure the P183 has better cable management options too.

And yes, I do own a 1200, and it's quite possibly the best case I've ever used.

Cheers.
April 27, 2010 4:54:38 PM

thanks for the replies.

Some really useful info.

After much thought i have decided to go with the P193 just because noise is an issue for me. The closed design and what seems like excellent cooling is what won me over in the end

thanks again!

ohh by the way, the DF series look excellent. It made my decision all the harder but i just cant wait any longer :D 
April 27, 2010 11:01:30 PM

Cool, good choice!

Not a problem. :) 
!