vilst3r

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Hmmm, i'm looking for a case with great airflow and i don't need watercooling features and stuff as i be installing noctua DH-14 cooler for my phenom ii x4 965. I was thinking of getting Antec 902, Lancool K62, HAF 922 or CM 690 II advanced. I also want to make sure my 5850 can fit into these cases. If theres a better case that u reccomend then please tell me.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i hav the lancool k62, its my personal favorite case on the market right now.

excellent cooling, roomy (can easily fit a 5970) and very nice looking. its the tool-less design that rocks though.
taking the thing apprt or installing stuff is as easy as you can ever expect. cable management is excellent. its just a damn good case.

the only other case i usually recommend is the haf 922, also an awesome case. but i think the toolessness (yes its a word) give the lancool series the edge, its just better than other tooless designs on the market.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Welcome to the Tom's Hardware Forums!

I own an Antec 1200. The 902 is just a smaller version. It's a great quality case that's (surprisingly) silent with the fans on low, it has good cable management options, etc. The catch is there is no removable mobo tray, and it's definitely not tool-less.

922 - The 902 is quieter, has (arguably) better airflow. The 922 is much more user friendly than the 902, however. It has a mobo tray (or so I've heard) and is tool-less.

CM962a - I really like this case. I would put it on priority over the 902 and the 922. It's very user friendly with a tool free design and has a lot of neat features, like the built in hdd dock, etc.

If you want to move your computer a lot, make sure you get an aluminum case.

To me, if you absolutely NEED a mobo tray and a toolless case, then don't get a 902. If you want the most user friendly one, get the 692 or 922.

All of these cases will fit a 5850.

Cheers.

I don't know about Lancool K62 but HAF 922 and CM 960 are good and they both fit a 5850.
I have a HAF 932(Which is the father of 922) and it has plenty of spaces(i use a 5970 in it and it sill has a free space)and since 5850 is shorter than a 5970 it will fit perfectly fine in a HAF 922 and CM 960