Is it worth upgrading to 1080p monitor with an ati 4890?

I'm playing on a 1024x768 screen for years now. my rig handles it no problem on max setting with all the eye candy on every game. It looks nice.

however, if i were to get a 1080p screen will my 4890 handle games on high settings? maybe if i turn off the eye candy a bit? You see i don't want to upgrade my card, right now.

Playing non native defeats the purpose a bit because i hear playing no native makes it look a bit worse due to stretching and jaggies.
2 answers Last reply
More about worth upgrading 1080p monitor 4890
  1. Depends on which games your playing, if you value maxing out your setting and don't dislike your screen keep doing what your doing. If you want a higher resolution get a new monitor just know that you probably won't be maxing out everything but your card should be more than capable of running anything that is out right now, in fact i can't think of anything that card can't handle (though it may not be max settings at 1080p).
  2. if you have got a good cpu, you should be alright to be honest, it isnt too far off even though it is indeed old. youll have to turn down AA definately though!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Candy ATI Overclocking