Sign in with
Your question

Best PC Ever

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 10:04:26 AM

NOT 1 QUAD CORE CPU, BUT HOW ABOUT WE MAKE THAT 4 QUAD CORE CPUS, EACH CPU IS 3GHZ X 4 CORES = 12GHZ X 4 CPU'S = 48GHZ...
YES THATS RIGHT. THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY!

It would be great if it worked as he is advertising but he's wrong. Its not a 48ghz system. Its a nice setup but definitely overkill and not worth that kind of coin to most people. Plus this is a server platform and is awesome for multitasking but not so great for gaming. It's not going to be the super computer you think it will be. I've read a lot on this type of setup and it has some things about it left to be desired for the likes of gaming.

He's fishing for that one sucker that will eventually come along...
April 25, 2010 10:10:00 AM

I reckon that was a good little laugh though.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 1:14:41 PM

Yeah, I see from his history that he is THE guy I would surely buy from.
Why just look, he has sold some USB cables, an Ipod Nano cover, and whoooooeeee, just look at that, a Pixar replica toy car, and still gets only a 90% approval rating with 1 warning of a possible fraud account. Yeah, I'd jump right on sending this guy six grand up front to build me a completely unheard of before now gaming PC.
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 1:21:33 PM

^ +1 - Amen brother! Lol!
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 1:58:40 PM

Quote:

Remember - Anything can be upgraded at end of auction!

SPECS OF THIS BEAST: (PLEASE CLICK THE LINKS PROVIDED FOR FULL DETAILS!!!)

* 4TB (4000GB) 7200RPM HARD DRIVES - UPGRADED TO FASTER HARD DRIVE FOR BETTER SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND LOADING TIMES
* 24GB (24000MB) OF DDR3 RAM 1333MHZ - CRAZY AMOUNT OF RAM!
* PIONEER DVD BURNER WITH 22X BURNING SPEEDS
* 1GB ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics Card
* TYAN MOTHERBOARD (SUPPORTS OVER 64GB OF RAM, 4 CPU'S AND MANY HARD DRIVES!)
* INTEL i7 3.0GHZ QUAD CORE OR AMD 3.0GHZ QUAD CORE.
* Windows 7 Ultimate Included
* Any other extras or upgrades please let me know and I can organise and upgrade your gaming PC after auction!!
* Case in picture for illustration purposes only - you will receive another case which is suitable for this system, and yes i will give you a choice from many different cases to choose from. We're going all the way custom, stopping at nothing here!

From this person writes, its apparent he just fishing for an idiot. He doesn't include any specifications for any hardware. He doesn't say any manufacturers, models, codenames, revisions...etc. You are buying without knowning what you are really buying.

Moreover, his feedback is 90.9%...are you really going to trust him?

The hardware configuration is buy no means good for gaming. Its good as a multi-tasking system. Not gaming. A 5770 in such a system? You couldn't max out anything on that thing past a 1080p resolution.

Lastly, "The best PC money can buy in the world"...<Very funny, but no.

I can build a computer 10x better than that easily.
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 2:02:52 PM

No SSD? lol
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 4:41:36 PM

You've got to love all the people on ebay that just fish for idiots. Every day you're going to find someone new (like the guy with the i7 990) who wants to take advantage of the uninformed.

Seriously, there should be moderation on ebay...
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 5:15:28 PM

Wow...

Quote:
BE THE FIRST IN AUSTRALIA TO OWN ANYTHING LIKE THIS. DONT SPEND $3000-$4000 ON A "GAMING PC" WHICH ONLY HAS 1 CPU HAHA AND AND MAYBE 8GB OF RAM IF YOUR LUCKY! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF AND MAKE YOUR ORDER TODAY!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..??? I already feel bad for the future buyer.

Quote:
YES YOU READ RIGHT! ITS OUT OF THIS WORLD! 48000MHZ - 48GHZ
HOW?
NOT 1 QUAD CORE CPU, BUT HOW ABOUT WE MAKE THAT 4 QUAD CORE CPUS, EACH CPU IS 3GHZ X 4 CORES = 12GHZ X 4 CPU'S = 48GHZ...
YES THATS RIGHT. THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY!

I love this. i7 = 4 cores x 3 GHZ so thats 12 GHZ + HT, so that's 2 cores (.5 x 4) x 3 = 6 + 14 = 20.
Then 20*12 = 240GHZ WOW!!!! I think he did it wrong...

:D 

Seriously he says he has 4x i7? He is aware that i7s cannot scale as far as physical packages? You'll need a xeon 5xx to do that..
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 5:18:39 PM

This is I wouldn't buy a new system off Ebay to begin with. Then again, his ad is aimed at people with more money than computer knowledge.
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 5:25:30 PM

"WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT WILL ALSO BE INCLUDED! WORTH $599 "

lol, since when was a copy of windows OS worth $600? XD
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2010 5:54:06 PM

Goes to prove in a rather obscene way, just because you see it on the internet does not mean it ain't a complete wheel barrow full of crap.
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2010 5:00:26 AM

enzo matrix said:
Check it out:
http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Whether-to-choose-AMD-or-INT...

I thought the article was way outdated until I read that it was written in 2010. Yesterday.

Thats a sad guide. Someone at ebay needs an education on current hardware and not try to post what he thinks he remembers from 5 years ago, lol...
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:16:24 AM

HA! The link has been taking down anyway.
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:18:44 AM

Nice!

Silly ebay...
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 2:11:27 AM

Nice job to somebody. I hope they took it down before money exchanged hands. Bottom feeders like that should be in a bracket of sellers that their postings are audited prior to being posted. Sellers with good account standings can be omitted from the auditing. I think that would be fair enough to the good merchants and help to protect the less educated buyers and make it doable for ebay to monitor...
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 9:15:19 PM

Well thats up to ebay to decide and only to ebay. If they don't than we'll just have more laughs like these.
April 27, 2010 9:42:50 PM

oh my god !!!!! what a retard!!!
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 11:02:19 PM

Well, they need to make sure that people aren't taken advantage of. And to me, that's a corporate responsibility.
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 2:11:03 PM

Zinosys said:
Well, they need to make sure that people aren't taken advantage of. And to me, that's a corporate responsibility.

NO, no it is not.
I believe this is one of the biggest problems with the world today, no one wants to take responsibility. Everyone thinks someone else should protect and prevent us poor ignorant people from making bad (or just plain stupid) choices. How much stupider can people become?
I do not need to see warnings or regulation to know that McDonalds hamburgers and french frys are fattening, or frying food in oil containing poly-unsaturated fat might not be so healthy, or that smoking is not good for you, or we need a law that says you must wear a seat belt, or any of the other thousands and thousands of nonsense rules and regulations designed to protect us uninformed stupid ass consumers.
If someone was so unrealistically stupid enough to send this guy a single dime, they whole heartedly deserve to lose their money, and have no right to complain about it!
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 2:27:07 PM

^^Well, that's a different way of looking at it.

And I guess I agree a bit. If the guy had the money in the first place, and could burn it on this computer, I guess he deserves to lose it.

Well, if worse comes to worse, at least there's buyer protection. :\
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2010 7:19:59 PM

I agree with jitpublisher...liberals are getting out of hand in government with thier regulations and sticking thier elongated noses into places where the really shouldn't be :) 
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2010 7:23:42 PM

^^ I agree 100% Way too much control over people in this country as it is. We live in a "Nerf Society" as it is. Lets just stop thinking for ourselves completely, so we can say Orwell was right.
!