Sign in with
Your question

Can't go native with monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2010 6:20:37 PM

I have recently added a Aten CS-62 KVM switch to my set-up to allow me to use a Vista machine and an XP machine with the one monitor & keyboard. The problem is that since I installed this I cannot get the native resolution of my monitor - a LG Flatron W2234S which should be 1600x1080. All I can get in the Display Settings menu in Vista is a lower or higher resolution. I am currently on 1600x1200 which looks 'smeared' and its hard on the eyes. This happened when I initially installed the switch but then mysteriously rectified itself. Now it has returned full - time. The graphics card is a Sapphire HD 4670 512mb PCIe. The other computer has a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256mb and runs with the correct resolution on the same monitor.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

More about : native monitor

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 8, 2010 6:26:36 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Update the driver of your GPU and try again.
February 8, 2010 6:36:47 PM

Thanks for the quick turnaround and welcome. :) 

I downloaded the latest Catalyst 10 from AMD/ATI last night but no change I'm afraid. :( 

February 9, 2010 7:09:09 PM

Thought I had it sussed last night. A quick foray into the CCC and I was able to set the correct 1600x1080 resolution. Turned the computer on tonight and it had gone to the mixers again :??: 

Again went into the CCC but couldn't fix it ... at first. Went through CCC a different way and found a way to get it correct again.

Applied & Saved so it will be 'interesting' to see how the resolution is when I next turn it on.

Damned annoying.

Thanks again.
!