PLEASE HELP

amir619

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hello,
i have 2 pc i moved pentium 4 to 945gzm-s2 this motherboard supports pentium 4 650 monitor wont turn on whats the problem please help me

ComputerNewbie97

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
If the problem isn't the monitor it could be the pc or just the cables you're using to connect it. Because if no light comes on with the screen there would have to be something wrong with the power.

ComputerNewbie97

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Disconnect all the cords and then only connect the power for the screen and turn the screen on. It should come up with the brand name and then just disappear and say ' no signal ' or something and then if it says that we'll know it's not the monitor.

ComputerNewbie97

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
If you have a spare monitor try it with that and see if it works. If it still doesn't work you'll have to poke around inside the case. I had the same sort of problem when i started up my computer a few days ago. I got a yellow-ish orange-ish light on my tower and it wouldn't start up. All i had to do was take out the ram put the same ram back in and it worked. But this just may be something a lot more complicated or not complicated at all. It may be the processor or something else that is vital.

ComputerNewbie97

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
just give everything a good clean and apply some thermal paste. While you're getting rid of the dust and stuff make sure nothing is burnt out. If something is you'll have to replace it. But i'll give you a reply sometime tomorrow if you haven't fixed everything.

ComputerNewbie97

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
well if you're sure but ask someone a little bit more experienced around here just to make sure you're making the right choice and buying a new pc.

I'm sorry i couldn't help.