internal battery replacement for emachines laptop?

My new emachines M6811 laptop only lasts for 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on
USB, CD-ROM, and display usage--3 hrs. only if closed, no usb, and quietly
used via remote desktop). I haven't found emachines listed as a brand of
supported battery by third party battery vendors anywhere.

Is there any hope other than an external battery unit?

Jon
2 answers Last reply
More about internal battery replacement emachines laptop

    external batt, yes, try ebatts.com

    "Jon Davis" <jon@REMOVE.ME.jondavis.net> wrote in message
    > My new emachines M6811 laptop only lasts for 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on
    > USB, CD-ROM, and display usage--3 hrs. only if closed, no usb, and quietly
    > used via remote desktop). I haven't found emachines listed as a brand of
    > supported battery by third party battery vendors anywhere.
    >
    > Is there any hope other than an external battery unit?
    >
    > Jon

    I am not sure but I think you can find this battery at
    www.batterysavings.com at

    http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/+/+/+/B-5805/1/a.aspx

    It is not listed under that model but i believe this is the right
    battery. Check the specs and try searching by OEM number on the
    Emachines battery. Of course as suggested below you can also by an
    external battery for it:

    http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/7/121/24937/B-5760/1/a.aspx

    or

    http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/7/121/24937/B-5755/1/a.aspx

    Good Luck!

    Oleg

    "sava777" <sava777@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<KWqUc.174802$eM2.123139@attbi_s51>...
    > external batt, yes, try ebatts.com
    >
    > "Jon Davis" <jon@REMOVE.ME.jondavis.net> wrote in message
    > > My new emachines M6811 laptop only lasts for 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on
    > > USB, CD-ROM, and display usage--3 hrs. only if closed, no usb, and quietly
    > > used via remote desktop). I haven't found emachines listed as a brand of
    > > supported battery by third party battery vendors anywhere.
    > >
    > > Is there any hope other than an external battery unit?
    > >
    > > Jon

Battery Laptops eMachines