internal battery replacement for emachines laptop?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 8:07:40 AM

My new emachines M6811 laptop only lasts for 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on
USB, CD-ROM, and display usage--3 hrs. only if closed, no usb, and quietly
used via remote desktop). I haven't found emachines listed as a brand of
supported battery by third party battery vendors anywhere.

Is there any hope other than an external battery unit?

Jon
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 9:06:51 PM

external batt, yes, try ebatts.com

"Jon Davis" <jon@REMOVE.ME.jondavis.net> wrote in message
> My new emachines M6811 laptop only lasts for 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on
> USB, CD-ROM, and display usage--3 hrs. only if closed, no usb, and quietly
> used via remote desktop). I haven't found emachines listed as a brand of
> supported battery by third party battery vendors anywhere.
>
> Is there any hope other than an external battery unit?
>
> Jon

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 25, 2004 10:30:29 PM

I am not sure but I think you can find this battery at
www.batterysavings.com at

http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/+/+/+/B-58...

It is not listed under that model but i believe this is the right
battery. Check the specs and try searching by OEM number on the
Emachines battery. Of course as suggested below you can also by an
external battery for it:

http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/7/121/2493...

or

http://www.batterysavings.com/site/1/Product/7/121/2493...